Carry out the role of Project Manager for assigned Projects with an emphasis on improving throughput using sound Project Management techniques and practices as dictated by the program Management Office. The Project Manager is the leader of their assigned Project and its Project team. In this role, you will be expected to influence positive outcomes on route to meeting overall Project, Program and company objectives.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Project Management oversight and responsibility for assigned projects.
- Assigned Project’s primary Point of Contact with internal Matrix departments and external Customer Representatives.
- Lead your Project Team (Matrix reps) to ensure that all members are engaged in meeting the objectives and have good situational awareness of the assigned project responsibilities.
- Drive issue resolution and facilitate timely escalation as required.
- Chair internal and external progress review meetings.
- Work with the Program management Office to monitor costs/schedule performance of assigned Projects and initiate corrective action as required in meeting budgetary and delivery objectives.
- Maintain and operate management control systems in accordance with Program Management Office standards.
- Ensure on-time delivery of all Contract Data Requirements Lists (CDRLs) and responses to customer correspondence for assigned Projects.
- Apply effective Risk Management and lessons learned techniques as part of your daily routine including maintaining the Project’s risk/lessons learned registers.
- Prepare reports and correspondence for internal and external distribution.
- Liaise with functional managers and Project Team members involved with the resolution of problems, preparation of estimates, and status of related tasks as required.
- Provide feedback as requested to help the Program management office capture best practices and continuous improvements.
- Prepare and as required, update Project Management Plans (PMPs) including all subordinate Project documents, as well as all other PM related CDRLs.
- Assist in coordinating technical responses to Request for Proposals (RFPs).
- Work with various stakeholders to increase Project throughput and workload potential.
- Be cognizant of other Projects and aircraft Programs either at the airport or IMP’s sister Divisions that could impact your projects and take mitigating action as required.
- Complete routine administrative duties as assigned.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Post-Secondary Education – Aerospace or Mechanical Engineering Degree would be an asset.
- Extensive experience in the Aerospace Industry or Canadian Forces Maritime Aviation field.
- Specific technical and/or managerial experience with the C-130 aircraft platform required.
- Advanced Project Management experience in an earned value management (EVM) environment is essential – must have previous experience managing major Projects.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification would be considered an asset.
- Strong communication skills (oral and written), must have experience chairing meetings – will be required to chair internal & external customer meetings and interface with executive level personnel.
- Advanced computer skills with MS Office Suite, including MS Project and ideally, MS Project Server Online.
- Results Driven.
- Experienced in and able to apply Risk Management Techniques
- Good interpersonal skills – will be required to lead and work within a Project Team environment.
- This position will not have direct subordinates; however, the incumbent will be responsible for ensuring many personnel across IMP’s matrix meet Project requirements.
- Some travel required in Canada and USA.
- Must have good problem solving skills, have the ability to carry out effective impact assessments and mitigation action planning, plus conflict resolution skills.
- Demonstrate a personal commitment to IMP Occupational Health, Safety and Environment policies.Continually focusing on your individual safety and the safety of others who may be affected by your work and to fully comply with all Federal Health and Safety Legislation.
- Participate in Continuous Improvement, Lean & 8S activities in your area.
- Incumbents must be able to pass and maintain Public Services and Procurement Canada (PSPC) and Transport Canada security clearances;
- The successful applicants will be eligible to meet requirements for the U.S. International Traffic In Arms Regulations (ITAR), and Canadian Controlled Goods Program (CGP);
- Applicant must be able to pass and maintain a Level II (Secret) security clearance with the Department of National Defence
Qualified applicants are invited to apply on-line at www.impgroup.com.
Internal applicants please use source code: I am an IMP employee.
IMP is committed to Employment Equity and our goal is to be a diverse workforce that is representative at all job levels. We welcome applicants from Aboriginal People, Visible Minority Groups, Persons with Disabilities and Women in occupations of positions where they are under-represented. If you are a member of one of the equity groups, you are encouraged to self identify on either your cover letter or resume.