Our passion is working with organizations to provide innovative and cost-effective business solutions. Our consultants offer outstanding technical capabilities, solid business experience, and a commitment to customer-centered methodologies.
We are expanding our Professional Services team and are actively recruiting for a Senior Solutions Architect. The successful candidate(s) will provide solutions architecture consulting services to our Clients, from defining enterprise architectural strategies and designs to providing architecture and technical leadership in the selection and delivery of solutions to the business.
Reporting to the Director of Professional Services, this is an exciting opportunity to be part of a talented and growing consulting team that is committed to providing service excellence to its customers, backed by a longstanding Atlantic Canadian based organization.
The Solution Architect will provide architecture consulting services to our Clients, across a broad range of technical environments. They will have architectural responsibility for the analysis, selection, development and integration of software solutions. Solutions may be a mix of vendor products, client developed solutions and components, and integration technologies. The Solutions Architect will ensure that designs meet the Client’s enterprise architectural standards and that the solution components integrate to provide the functionality needed to meet the business requirements.
The optimal candidate has experience and a proven track-record in playing the Solutions and/or Applications Architecture role as a consultant. Duties will include the following:
- Senior member of IMP Solutions Consulting practice providing Solutions Architecture services to our Clients and contributing to business development activities.
- Responsible for conceptualizing, engineering, designing and overseeing solution architectures for Client system integration/development or COTS product implementation projects.
- Lead development of organization architectural standards and architecture roadmaps.
- Translate business requirements into a technology solution options and offerings.
- Analyze current architectural state, identify pain points analysis and make recommendations for modification/upgrade. Provide technical work sizing and estimates.
- Define and design the various layers of the solution architecture including application layer, data flows, integration, data architecture infrastructure requirements and security considerations.
- Present advantages and disadvantages of solution options and design considerations to technical clients.
- Develop the interfacing specifications for APIs.
- Prototype and construct proof of concepts to test design considerations and recommend technology products.
- Support COTS procurement analysis and assessment, including technical requirements development and product evaluations against business needs.
- Provide architecture guidance, input and review to Client COTS procurements.
- Work with multiple product vendors to form end to end solutions.
- Interact and give guidance to software development or system integration teams.
- Contribute to practice growth and development.
Candidates will have 10+ years progressive experience in IT with 5+ years as a Solutions Architect, including experience working as a consultant. They should have completed undergraduate degree in technology related program or college diploma equivalent with work relevant work experience. Additionally, they should have excellent customer service, verbal and written communication skills and extensive technical skills that include many of the following:
- Leadership ability.
- Facilitation of technical meetings and ability manage client expectations.
- Although this is not a development focused role exclusively, some experience in architecting and developing applications in either .NET or Java would be valuable.
- Experience in API technologies: Web Services, REST, SOAP, micro services and SOA architectures.
- Experience with middleware broker platforms, message brokers and ESB platforms, like IBM Websphere, Oracle Fusion.
- Experience designing solutions for hosting on cloud infrastructure and in data center high availability environments.
- Experience with database architectures, data modelling and data migrations, preferably in Oracle or MS SQL.
- Experience implementing and integrating COTS software products.
- Architecture certification - TOGAF or equivalent.
- Experience in architecture governance.
- DevOps platforms.
- Public sector experience would be an asset.
If you are interested in joining our winning team and have what it takes to be successful in a dynamic industry then submit your resume in confidence along with cover letter, professional/supervisory references and salary requirements.
- Qualified applicants are invited to apply on-line
Last date to apply: 22nd January 2021
IMP is committed to Employment Equity and our goal is to be a diverse workforce that is representative at all job levels. We welcome applicants from Aboriginal People, Visible Minority Groups, Persons with Disabilities and Women in occupations of positions where they are under-represented. If you are a member of one of the equity groups, you are encouraged to self-identify on either your cover letter or resume.