JOB TITLE: IT Security Specialist
DIVISION/DEPARTMENT: Information Technology
LOCATION: IMP Aerospace / Corporate
TITLE OF SUPERVISOR: Senior Manager, Networks and Security
Under the direction of the Senior Manager, Networks and Security, the IT Security Specialist will engage in all aspects of information security. The primary focus of the role will be to lead the security certification process at IMP Aerospace though gap analysis, lead projects to implement controls and implement processes to
- Effectively determine required levels of compliance by establishing which Cyber Security certifications must be met and identify gaps. Ensure security practices are in accordance with the established guidelines and standards.
- Research/Recommend solutions and manage projects to achieve compliance.
- Research and determine potential current and future threats to IMP Aerospace’s security program and determine appropriate methods and action plans for mitigation.
- Develop and implement a Cyber Security Communications Plan.
- Ensure compliance with corporate policies.
- Monitor and audit internal, external and regulatory compliance.
- Diagnose and resolve internal and external security concerns and respond to relevant internal IT service ticket requests as required.
- Make risk-based decisions to determine resolution and appropriate remedial action.
- Monitor and analyze network traffic, intrusion detection, security events and logs for compromise indicators and mitigate risk to the cyber security throughout IMP Aerospace.
- Conduct cyber-security policy analysis and contribute to the development and/or revisions to current policy and programs, where applicable.
- Develop and document project plans for IT Security projects from inception to implementation. Prototype solutions as part of standard project development to better understand requirements and optimal solutions design. Document test plans and perform the necessary testing.
- Implement IT Security solutions, ensuring to minimize impact to users. This may require travel to other IMP facilities and/or work after business hours or on the weekend.
- Build effective working relationships with Aerospace and Corporate IT support, as well as business line personnel.
The successful candidate will have a minimum of a computer science degree plus three years experience in a security focused role. The individual must possess good interpersonal skills, excellent technical skills and have experience with various security frameworks such as NIST 800-171. Must meet eligibility requirements to obtain Canadian government security clearance. Certifications, such as CISSP, CISM, CISA, and PMP will be considered an asset.
Qualified applicants are invited to apply on-line at www.impgroup.com
IMP is committed to Employment Equity and our goal is to be a diverse workforce that is representative at all job levels. We welcome applicants from Aboriginal People, Visible Minority Groups, Persons with Disabilities and Women in occupations of positions where they are under-represented. If you are a member of one of the equity groups, you are encouraged to self identify on either your cover letter or resume.
LAST DATE TO APPLY: March 12, 2021
* All applications must include an updated resume.