Team Leader, Customer Service (Licensed)
LOVE WHAT YOU DO
We are Sonnet, Canada’s smart new insurance done completely online. We set out to change how Canadians feel about insurance, and that means changing how we think about customer service.
We hire people who love people. People who are crazy about customers and believe that customer service can and should be easy and fun for all (employees and customers alike). We are a technology company, so self-professed digital geeks are more than welcome. We also look for people who don’t take themselves too seriously, can work in ambiguity, support each other and communicate authentically to join our team. When our customers reach out to us with questions or need help to solve a problem, we want them to feel like they are being helped by someone who really cares. The feedback we hear so far is that talking to one of our Customer Service Heroes is like talking to friends or family and we NEVER want that to change.
If all that doesn’t sound like you then stop reading now! If it does sound like you, read on!
What can you expect in this role?
Reporting to the Manager, Customer Service, you will be responsible for leading a team of Customer Service Heroes and assisting the senior leadership team in implementing the overall customer strategy through various projects and initiatives. This includes the development and continuous improvement of people (coaching, improving training, communications, engagement, etc.), process (enhancing operations and increasing efficiencies) and technology (leveraging technologies, automating processes and making recommendations for technology improvements where applicable). You will ensure the team is providing unparalleled service and support to our customers. This requires a motivational leader, knowledgeable in all aspects of call centre operations and a track record of building loyal, motivated and caring teams. You will need to influence, negotiate and collaborate with internal and external partners in Marketing, I.T., Product and more. The Team Leader, Customer Service, is key in ensuring that valuable “Voice of the Customer” insights received through customer calls, chats, emails and social media are shared and leveraged throughout the company, driving systemic improvement throughout the organization. This is a critical role in ensuring we can disrupt this industry and lead in the new digital world.
- Be educated post-secondary
- Be an incredible leader to your team.You will treat them as your “customers” ensuring they are supported, developed, mentored and recognized
- You will lead our Customer Service Heroes to ground-breaking results in customer experience
- To achieve these first two things, you will be spending the bulk of your time in some type of coaching, teaching, communicating or recognition-related activity such as:
- Reviewing calls, emails and chats to provide helpful coaching and development weekly
- Sharing your wisdom, insights and recommendations with our CSH team while reviewing their scorecard results with them
- Ensuring there is a record from which to grow on by completing reporting, coaching forms and shift reviews
- Completing other reports as required
- Knowing your team, supporting them and recognizing when they do amazing things
- Help to evolve this new contact centre in an organization obsessed with Customer Experience; it is all about the customer from design to servicing
- Recruitment is critical; you will be part of hiring and cultivating a team of true Customer Service Heroes
- Be encouraged to pursue opportunities for growth and advancement
- Challenge the status quo and join us on the road less travelled.
- Fail fast and learn even faster
- Partner with other departments to ensure strong two-way communication and that the Contact Centre gets the appropriate information to effectively handle our customer calls, chats and emails
- Always champion the service philosophy in everything you do and every meeting you are in; you help us create the gold seal standard in customer service and you challenge others both in the Contact Centre and in the broader organization to live up to the standard
What do you bring to the role?
- Excellent at listening, making people feel heard and valued
- A believer in servant leadership and an eternal student of service
- Someone with a minimum on 3-5 years leadership experience.Someone that has previous experience as a leader in a world-class customer service environment (preferably call center) with a strong track record of leading teams to new levels in employee engagement and customer satisfaction
- A licensed leader with their OTL or RIBO already under their belt.
- Bi-lingual (French/English) is an asset but not a must.
- A natural coach with experience in reviewing calls, emails and chats and providing motivational development to your team
- Someone with excellent reporting and analytical skills
- Someone with a good understanding of call centre processes and technology best practices, including workforce management, telephony, IVR, CRM and more
- A master at handling escalations and at mentoring your team to do so
- Someone with a strong work ethic who leads by example, works hard, plays hard and expects nothing less from those around you
- Someone who is not afraid to ask others for help when needed
- Flexible to work at different times in order to run this operation
- Experienced with Cisco phone systems, Live Engage and Salesforce Service (considered an asset and not required)
You Will be Measured On:
- World-class service as demonstrated by the Contact Centre having amazing Quality Monitoring Scores, Customer Compliments and Customer Satisfaction measures
- Leadership and ability to motivate and inspire as measured by high employee satisfaction, low absenteeism, turnover, internal promotions, etc
- Team productivity (interactions an hour)
- Project work and other tasks
We also take potential into consideration. If you don’t have this exact experience, but you know you have what it takes, be sure to give us more insight through your application and cover letter.
Go ahead and expect a lot — you deserve it.
- Competitive salaries, with potential for an annual raise and bonus
- Pension and savings programs, with company-matched RRSP contributions
- Generous time away, including vacation and personal needs days
- Paid volunteer days and company matching on charitable donations
- Educational resources, tuition assistance, and paid time off to study for exams
- Two annual wellness campaigns — participants earn up to $300 each year to spend on almost anything supporting health and work-life balance (think things like spa days, daycare, pet grooming)
- An unlimited employee referral bonus program
- Flexible work schedule
- Discounts on products and services
HOW TO APPLY
To complete the online application process, you’ll need to upload your resume and cover letter in one document. The posting will close at midnight on the deadline date; in order to successfully apply, please ensure your application is submitted by 11:59 p.m. the day before the deadline.
Our inclusive work environment welcomes diversity and supports accessibility. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process, please let us know by contacting: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Visit economical.com to learn more about us and what we’re up to.