Agile Coach, Program Manager
LOVE WHAT YOU DO
Work is a big part of our lives, so it makes sense to choose a company that offers truly rewarding work. At Economical Insurance®, your contributions, creativity, and energy won’t go to waste. Our passionate culture and pioneering mentality infuse everything we do, which is why our one-million-plus policyholders know we’ll protect their homes, businesses, farms, cars, and pets like they’re our own.
We’re not afraid to see how far we can push the envelope to make insurance better. Our family of companies includes Sonnet, the only Canadian home and auto insurer offering a fully online buying experience, and Petline, the largest Canadian pet insurance company. We’re also preparing to become a publicly traded company, a once-in-a-lifetime career opportunity for everyone who joins our team.
If you’re looking for a company that takes care of its people — and its customers — and has a track record of doing big things, get ready to love it here.
What can you expect in this role?
- Train and coach agile teams on agile practices, techniques, and semantics ensuring that all team-related ceremonies take place and those who attend understand their purpose while teaching all to keep within the time-boxes
- Provide support for the development of a sustainable Enterprise Agile Framework
- Identify and coach internal Agile champions, to remove reliance on external mentors
- Ensure Agile metrics are being tracked, monitor for potential problems, and assist teams to implement solutions for issues
- Assist in resolving organizational impediments that prevent Agile teams from completing sprint commitments
- Assist in Release Planning
- Craft and deliver customized Agile training and provide guidance on using Agile tools
- Facilitate team breakout sessions with an eye on process and related best practices
- Provide tailored ongoing coaching and training on agile leadership, ideation and experimentation, problem discovery, solution exploration and other topics as needed
- Create, launch, and facilitate collaborative & working groups as well as Communities of Practice
- Prepare, deliver, and evangelize tools and artifacts for Product Owners
- Partner with Portfolio leaders on KPIs, scorecard metrics, vision and roadmap and other strategic efforts
- Deliver programs, training, and workshops that influence executives, leaders, and entire portfolios on Agile (principles, values, how to build, grow, and maintain a thriving agile organization at scale)
- Model continuous learning and development of skills, support that learning in others
- Perform regular health checks on projects and PODs to ensure agile adoption to scale
What do you bring to the role?
- Hands on experience executing Agile projects in large, complex environments
- 8+ years in Project Delivery roles (using Agile and Traditional methods)
- 3+ years Agile coaching experience with teams
- 3+ years delivering Agile projects utilizing a variety of methods including Scrum, XP, and Kanban using collocated and remote distributed delivery models
- Deep knowledge of Agile principles and practices
- Equipped with a number of facilitation techniques for conducting Agile ceremonies
- Excellent facilitation, communication and mentoring skills
- Strong Interpersonal and conflict resolution skills
- Hands on experience with multiple Agile Lifecycle Management tools (e.g. JIRA, Confluence)
- Experience developing training materials and conducting training
- Previous experience in Financial industry is an asset
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent work experience
- Agile certifications including: Certified Scrum Master, Certified Agile Project Manager are required and SAFe certifications are an asset
We also take potential into consideration. If you don’t have this exact experience, but you know you have what it takes, be sure to give us more insight through your application and cover letter.
Go ahead and expect a lot — you deserve it.
- Competitive salaries, with potential for an annual raise and bonus
- Pension and savings programs, with company-matched RRSP contributions
- Generous time away, including vacation and personal needs days
- Paid volunteer days and company matching on charitable donations
- Educational resources, tuition assistance, and paid time off to study for exams
- Two annual wellness campaigns — participants earn up to $300 each year to spend on almost anything supporting health and work-life balance (think things like spa days, daycare, pet grooming)
- An unlimited employee referral bonus program
- Flexible work schedule
- Discounts on products and services
HOW TO APPLY
To complete the online application process, you’ll need to upload your resume and cover letter in one document. The posting will close at midnight on the deadline date; in order to successfully apply, please ensure your application is submitted by 11:59 p.m. the day before the deadline.
Our inclusive work environment welcomes diversity and supports accessibility. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process, please let us know by contacting: email@example.com.
Visit economical.com to learn more about us and what we’re up to.