Corporate Communications Leader
The Corporate Communications Leader for a NYSE-listed, $4 billion revenue publicly traded company with approximately 2,700 employees around the world, this role is responsible for managing effective communications to internal and external stakeholders, building Trinseo’s reputation and brand, and driving company initiatives and corporate priorities through effective communications. This role manages CEO/executive communications, media relations, crisis communications, and other internal and external communications for the company, including partnering with Investor Relations to develop investor communications. The role is primarily responsible for building the internal and external communications strategy in line with these responsibilities and plays a key role in developing the brand of the company.
The Corporate Communications Leader has a team of 2 and reports to the Director of Investor Relations and Corporate Development Finance and is located in Berwyn, PA.
- For the company globally, develop and implement media relations strategies and concepts to gain positive news coverage for the company.
- Oversee the media training program and presentation skills training for leaders and deliver training workshops.
- Lead and manage corporate events, initiatives and PR programs.
- Manage the “story pipeline” process to elicit story ideas from all parts of the company and get them published internally and externally.
- Manage employee communications for the company, including intranet and internal news channels.
- Oversee CEO messaging and videos to employees, CEO global town halls, HR and other functional communications, and Intranet content development.
- Work with the MarCom Leader and Digital Communications Manager to pull through the above responsibilities digitally. This includes overall ownership of the company’s website as well as the company’s intranet.
- Promote the corporate identity, brand and image.
- Own and manage the corporate identity guidelines for the company, and set the tone globally for the consistent application of brand guidelines in visual design and tone.
- Partner with the Investor Relations department to broaden awareness and interest in the company among the investment community, including investors, banks, sell-side analysts and financial media.
- Manage communications channels with investors, including the website investors.trinseo.com, and all financial-related news releases as well as the company’s annual report.
- Run the annual Crisis Drill with executive management, developing new scenarios each year and facilitating training workshops.
- Maintain and update the crisis management plans and manual.
- Manage internal and external communications during any company crisis.
- Direct and manage the global Volunteer Days program, the company’s signature community relations event.
- Collaborates with the Business and Marketing Communications teams who are responsible for product promotion and business communications.
Bachelor’s of Arts or Science Degree.
- At least 10 years of experience in corporate communications, public relations or investor relations, with a track record of designing and managing external communications programs and media relations programs in a business-to-business (B2B) company.
- Experience working with and communicating to multiple stakeholders on behalf of the company – including investors and financial analysts, employees, communities, news media, and customers.
- Experience serving as the company spokesperson with the media for routine news and crises.
- Experience coaching CEOs and senior executives on communications and conducting media training for company spokespeople to prepare them to give interviews.
- Confidence, presence and ability to counsel senior executives in the company.
- Strong skills in messaging and theme development – including excellent writing and editing skills in English.
- Strategic thinking and planning: can convert a challenge or situation into a communications plan/strategy to drive organizational objectives and build a positive reputation.
- Agency management: experience managing significant budgets and directing creative agencies including PR firms, graphic designers, internet/intranet vendors, etc.
- Hands-on leader who can strategize, design, lead and direct programs, but also roll up sleeves to write, edit and implement.
- Global awareness with international perspective, and proven ability to work productively with colleagues in other regions.
- Experience leading a team of communications professionals.
- Agile, with the ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment.