THIS ROLE IS OPEN TO REMOTE APPLICANTS NATIONWIDE
Sr. Analyst, Finance and Accounting
What we’re looking for:
AmeriHome is seeking a Sr. Analyst, Finance and Accounting to join its Corporate Finance team. This is a great opportunity to be a part of a close-knit team within a fast-growing organization!
This is a challenging role within the Financial Planning and Analysis team requiring complex problem-solving skills in managing multiple high profile priorities, possess keen attention to detail coupled with strong accounting knowledge, and possess the ability to work through ambiguous situations. The successful candidate must have a demonstrated track record of achievement in driving successful projects and exhibiting strong interpersonal / communication skills with multiple business partners.
The ideal candidate should be passionate about accountability, aspire to high standards, detail-oriented, adaptable with changing priorities, and help the department and organization in driving results through continuous improvement initiatives.
What you will do:
- Develop a thorough understanding of mortgage concepts and processes
- Source detailed accounting and financial information for use with financial modeling and reporting
- Perform comprehensive data analysis using accounting and financial information
- Prepare, maintain and enhance complex financial models to prepare for annual budgeting as well as monthly and quarterly forecasts
- Develop standardized financial and operational reporting, including key metrics and dashboards for dissemination to investors and executive management
- Partner with management and business partners to develop tracking reports and perform financial analysis that drives the forecast process and supports strategic decision making for all departments
- Conduct in-depth analyses in support of executive finance business reviews
- Work to continuously improve controls, validations, and to streamline the reporting and modeling process
- Develop and maintain comprehensive control policies and procedures to ensure the integrity of the forecast and reporting processes
- Assist in special projects and ad-hoc analyses as required
What you will need:
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, economics, or related field
- 3+ years of relevant accounting or finance experience
- Financial reporting consolidation experience preferred
- Strong financial analytical + accounting skills with the ability to clearly present and report
- Strong Excel skills with proficiency with the MS Office suite (Powerpoint, Word, etc.)
- Clearly communicate and present complex subject matter to various audiences
- Ability to work independently and comfortably with incomplete information and adapt to changing requirements in a fast-paced environment
- Proactive problem solver, expected to present problems and recommendations simultaneously
- Commitment to excellence and a high level of motivation and initiative
- Maintain a high level of trust and integrity under strict confidentiality
- Proven ability to prioritize quickly and deliver results with a strong track record of managing deliverables from multiple parties to meet challenging deadlines
What will really catch our eye:
- Master's degree in Accounting, Business Administration, Finance, Financial Engineering or related field
- CPA preferred, CFA or FRM
- Strong Proficiency with SQL or similar database language
- Accounting consolidation experience
- Mortgage experience
- Data analysis skills to provide insights, feedback, and perspective on operational and financial performance
What we offer:
At AmeriHome, our employees are our most important asset. To demonstrate our commitment to them, in addition to a competitive compensation package, we offer a comprehensive suite of benefits to help our employees manage their personal lives and plan for the future while working hard at their home away from home. We offer a generous contribution strategy that keeps our benefits competitive and affordable and ensures that we are able to attract and retain the best talent.
Who We Are
AmeriHome Mortgage was established in 2013. By 2017, we earned the distinction of being a top 10 mortgage lender. AmeriHome is a privately held, multi-channel, mortgage investor, direct-to-consumer lender, and servicer, licensed in 49 states and headquartered in Thousand Oaks, California with offices in Irvine, CA, and Dallas, TX.
Focused on delivering excellence in lending, our motivation for success is represented throughout the company and thrives from the trust built between all employees. AmeriHome is always looking for top talent to join our growing, fast-paced, and friendly teams.