DAP is a leading manufacturer and supplier of home repair and construction products, including latex caulks, silicone sealants, contact cements, construction adhesives, glues, glazing, spackling, and other general patch and repair products. You'll find DAP products in the hands of professional painters, remodelers, builders and do-it-yourselfers, and in 60,000 retail outlets, ranging from home centers and mass merchandisers to your local hardware and paint stores. DAP's eight manufacturing and distribution facilities in the United States of America and Canada service North America and the world. The “DAP Stars" represent its 775 strong associates around the world which support its vision to produce and market America's best home repair products. DAP has twice been voted one of “Baltimore’s Best Places to Work”! Learn more about DAP’s history, culture and benefits at www.dap.com/careers.
The Credits and Collections Representative is responsible for all aspects of Accounts Receivable. Setting up new and maintaining existing customers, collecting on all past due invoices and working on deduction resolution.
- Establish and maintain positive customer relations.
- Inbound/Outbound Phone calls to customers to correct past due invoice related issues.
- Review daily account activity (faxes, aging reports, holding orders, obtaining proof of deliveries and re-printing copies of invoices).
- Experience using SAP to document customer account activity/information.
- Maintain Account Accuracy
- Updating billing address information, phone numbers, contact persons, D&B ratings.
- Updating credit references on old accounts.
- Credit Memos/Debit Memos/Chargebacks
- Process credit memos for invoice issues (pricing shortages/overages).
- Chargebacks for unauthorized deductions and chargebacks.
- Other miscellaneous duties as assigned
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- High School diploma
- Minimum 2-3 years of Accounts Receivable experience preferably in Retail
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient in the use of a computer and related software required (SAP, Word, Excel)
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Strong problem solving skills
- Detail oriented with a high level of accuracy
- Ability to perform duties with a sense of urgency, exceeding customers’ expectations
- Able to work with minimal supervision
- Ability to multi-task and handle several projects simultaneously
- Works well under pressure
- Works well in a team environment