DAP is a leading marketer of home repair and construction products, including latex caulks, silicone sealants, contact cements, construction adhesives, glues, glazing, spackling, insulating foams and patch and repair products. You'll find DAP products in the hands of professional painters, remodelers, builders and do-it-yourselfers, and in 60,000 retail outlets, ranging from home centers and mass merchandisers to your local hardware, pro contractor channels and paint stores. DAP's eight manufacturing and distribution facilities in the United States of America and Canada service North America and the world. The “DAP Stars" represent its 775 strong associates around the world which support its vision to produce and market America's best home repair products. DAP was recently voted one of “Baltimore’s Best Places to Work” for the second time! Learn more about DAP’s history, culture and benefits at www.dap.com/careers/
The Manufacturing Engineering Manager oversees the development and implementation of the manufacturing processes to maintain production capability, capacity to support corporate business objectives, capital plan and continuous improvement program. They will also ensure the engineering team works cohesively across all departments. This role is based at the corporate office in Baltimore, MD.
- Planning and Coordinating Capital Plan
- Plan, coordinate and develop the short and long range capital plan for the operations group. Assure plan addresses the priorities in safety, quality capacity, innovation, cost improvement property risk and physical plant.
- Work with plant engineering to develop, justify and implement plans.
- Support MS 168 and Tier Management process to assure robust continuous improvement process.
- Assure identification of best practices and equipment are utilized across all plants.
- Coordinate plant engineering assets to best utilize talents.
- Develop and maintain a capacity utilization and growth plan to assure manufacturing capabilities support corporate growth and innovation.
- Assure assets are utilized and balanced across all facilities.
- Establish strong lines of communication with the Plant Managers. Form open communication channels with all associates and subordinates. Be approachable to all. Be professional in all interactions. Work effectively and relate well with others.
- Support the hire, training, and development of engineering.
- Support plant problem solving and troubleshooting when necessary.
- Establish and monitor key metrics in all functional areas. Analyze data, identify trends, recommend improvements in the key metrics of OEE, ZBY and Quality.
Initiate and Coordinate Major Projects
- E.G. – Plant Layout changes, installation of capital equipment, major repairs, etc. Perform miscellaneous duties and projects as assigned and required to support business objectives.
- Excellent leadership, communication, and analytical skills.
- AutoCAD, Microsoft Office software, spreadsheets, and financial management skills; ability to hit timelines.
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in Engineering
- 7 years of relevant work experience
- Some wekeend work
- Some travel required