DAP is a leading marketer of home repair and construction products, including latex caulks, silicone sealants, contact cements, construction adhesives, glues, glazing, spackling, insulating foams and patch and repair products. You'll find DAP products in the hands of professional painters, remodelers, builders and do-it-yourselfers, and in 60,000 retail outlets, ranging from home centers and mass merchandisers to your local hardware, pro contractor channels and paint stores. DAP's eight manufacturing and distribution facilities in the United States of America and Canada service North America and the world. The “DAP Stars" represent its 775 strong associates around the world which support its vision to produce and market America's best home repair products. DAP was recently voted one of “Baltimore’s Best Places to Work” for the second time! Learn more about DAP’s history, culture and benefits at www.dap.com/careers/
The Senior Continuous Improvement Leader will lead continuous improvement efforts at the manufacturing plant level. They will work with plant management and personnel to maintain and improve the MS168 Continuous Improvement program, work with the manufacturing plants and various corporate functions to determine where the most significant areas of improvement exist, and complete Six Sigma projects and provide support for plant level Six Sigma Projects. Organize and execute Focused Improvement Teams (like Kaizen Events).
- Implement, develop, and sustain MS168 Continuous Improvement Program. (Including Conducting Semi-Annual Audits)
- Complete Six Sigma projects and provide support for plant level Six Sigma projects
- Work with the manufacturing plants and various corporate functions to determine where the most significant areas of improvement exist and develop projects from those opportunities
- Organize and execute and track progress of Focused Improvement Teams
- Provide a Supportive Project Management Office including MPST & Monthly Savings tracking and reporting
- Provide Training of Lean Manufacturing Principals and Six Sigma Tools to Plant and Corporate Associates
- Track Company Key Performance Indicators and develop action plans for identified areas of opportunity
- 5-7 years of experience in the manufacturing industry.
- Engineering, Chemistry or applicable Technical background preferred.
- Six Sigma Black Belt preferred.
- Bachelor's degree
- Sealant, Adhesive, Coating or Paint industry experience preferred.
- Able to travel 50%
- Strong root cause analysis skills. Experience with processes such as TapRooT, Kepner Tregoe or equivalent is preferable.
- Demonstrated use of analytical analysis: statistical process control, process capability analysis, correlation, ANOVA, DOE preferable.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
- Preferable proficiency in ERP Systems (SAP, Business Objects, etc.) and Statistical Analysis Software (Minitab, etc.)
- Knowledge of and demonstrated use of Lean Manufacturing tools
- Must be self–motivated
- Ability to motivate others
- Ability to endorse and practice teamwork
Project Management Skills
- Project management experience required.
- Must be organized and committed to meeting deadlines.
- Possesses the skill to lead multiple improvement projects at the same time
- Able to speak, listen, and write well.
- Effective presenter, facilitator and trainer.
- Proficiency in creating effective reports