DAP is a leading manufacturer and supplier of home repair and construction products, including latex caulks, silicone sealants, contact cements, construction adhesives, glues, glazing, spackling, and other general patch and repair products. You'll find DAP products in the hands of professional painters, remodelers, builders and do-it-yourselfers, and in 60,000 retail outlets, ranging from home centers and mass merchandisers to your local hardware and paint stores. DAP's eight manufacturing and distribution facilities in the United States of America and Canada service North America and the world. The “DAP Stars" represent its 775 strong associates around the world which support its vision to produce and market America's best home repair products. DAP has twice been voted one of “Baltimore’s Best Places to Work”! Learn more about DAP’s history, culture and benefits at www.dap.com/careers .
The HR Assistant will support human resources programs by performing payroll and benefit function. In addition, the position will be responsible for reception and office administration duties at the Baltimore, Maryland manufacturing plant. .
- Complete weekly payroll processing for hourly associates.
- Provide reception and administrative office support
- Conducts new hire HR orientations
- Maintain personnel files for active and terminated hourly associates based on DAP policy and procedures Complete employment verification requests. Answer associate questions regarding benefits and help resolve any issues. Assist with coordination of salary continuance, accident and sickness benefits and FML. Assist with annual open enrollment campaigns.
- Input all personnel changes and new hire information into Kronos and Oracle systems.
- Assist with other HR projects.
- Develop and maintain a positive and engaging office culture. Participate in the planning of celebrations and recognition programs. Communicate information regarding company-wide resources and programs.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
- Associates degree preferred
- 2-3 years of experience
- Minimum of 1 years of human resources experience
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and problem-solving skills with all levels of associates
- Demonstrated customer focus and strong action orientation
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to adapt to ambiguous situations and make solid decisions with limited information
- Working knowledge of Human Resources Information Systems (HRIS)
- Knowledge of Microsoft office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Demonstrated payroll experience