DAP is a leading marketer of home repair and construction products, including latex caulks, silicone sealants, contact cements, construction adhesives, glues, glazing, spackling, and patch and repair products. You'll find DAP products in the hands of professional painters, remodelers, builders and do-it-yourselfers, and in 60,000 retail outlets, ranging from home centers and mass merchandisers to your local hardware and paint stores. DAP's six manufacturing and distribution facilities in the United States of America and Canada service North America and the world. The “DAP Stars" represent its 775 strong associates around the world which support its vision to produce and market America's best home repair products. Learn more about DAP’s history, culture and benefits at www.dap.com/careers/careers.aspx .
The Process Engineer will provide process engineering support for raw materials, compounding, production, and packaging functions to improve safety, and support the MS 168 continuous improvement process.
- Support daily production needs through process troubleshooting, experimentation and support for production requirements.
- Lead continuous improvement projects to reduce cost, increase material utilization, improve first time right, integrate new products/processes into production and reduce variation. Implement necessary changes and update all documentation (including drawings and SOP’s) accordingly.
- Coordinates with plant engineer to oversee capital projects necessary for the continued improvement and modernization of the plant. Ensure completion of projects within budgets.
- Responsible for achieving and maintaining safety goals relative to the maintenance and engineering functions. Responsible for safety devices, safe design, etc. of all equipment. Administer process hazard analyses (PHA’s) for identified materials, processes, and RHP Compliance
- Support the tier meeting process by the implementation and analysis of data collection and visual management systems.
Environmental Program reporting
- Support the site’s environmental program by assisting with reporting, compliance monitoring, and QA results in support of process engineering improvements.
- Bachelor's degree in Chemical, Mechanical or Electrical, Engineering
- 3 years' of relevant PLC & Industrial Controls experience
- Six Sigma/lean manufacturing experience.
- Understanding of process control methods, flowmeters, level monitors, and other process controls within a batch manufacturing process.
- Ability to read and interpret process drawings (process flow diagrams and P&ID’s).
- PLC with ladder logic analysis.
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills.
- PC usage with MS Office Suite (AutoCAD experience a plus)
- Strong interpersonal skills, good communication skills both written and verbal.