Specialty Pharmacy Pharmacist (Full-time, Monday - Friday, 8-5pm)
Job Summary and Key Duties
The Specialty Pharmacist provides oversight and support for the development and optimization of specialty pharmacy services in both clinic and outpatient pharmacy environments. The Specialty Pharmacist ensures compliance with all federal, state and local laws pertaining to drug dispensing and leads clinical initiatives to drive positive patient outcomes.
- Complete all components of preparation, verification and distribution of specialty prescription orders.
- Supervise specialty pharmacy technicians and support staff to ensure accurate drug dispensing and efficient daily workflow.
- Develop and implement the specialty pharmacy patient management program and provide guidance for all clinical aspects
- Provide extensive and recurring patient/caregiver education and counseling, both in person and by telephone, to optimize use of specialty medications.
- Collaborate with healthcare providers within decentralized patient care areas. Serve as a resource for physicians, nurses and other health care professionals regarding specialty medication information and education. Provide appropriate evidence-based medication recommendations and interventions.
- Participates in departmental data collection and reporting of Drug Use Evaluation (DUE), Quality Assurance and Quality Improvement activities.
- Participates in the education and training of new pharmacy employees, pharmacy students, and pharmacy interns.
- Assist in preparation for specialty pharmacy accreditation and ensure continuous compliance with accreditation standards.
- Identify opportunities and strategies to improve and expand specialty pharmacy services.
- Current licensure either by reciprocity or examination by the Texas State Board of Pharmacy.
- Graduation from an accredited College of Pharmacy with a Bachelor’s Degree in Pharmacy or Doctorate of Pharmacy.
- Pediatric, specialty or retail pharmacy experience is preferred.