JOB TITLE: Youth Services Recovery Supports Coordinator
JOB CODE: 749
Works within the vision, mission and philosophy of the agency and the Certified Community Behavioral Health Clinic (CCBHC). Works in close coordination with Program Manager to coordinate drop-in center, prevention services (e.g., school presentations, screening), treatment, and recovery support services for youth and adults at-risk or with substance use disorders and their families are meet in our community.
Outreach and screening
1. Participate and support universal outreach activities to increase awareness of substance use among the target population.
2. Coordinates events and activities which promote engagement.
3. Meet with potential clients to ensure commitment to project participation.
4. Conduct presentations to various target audiences (e.g., schools, community) to increase. awareness of the impact of substance use.
5. Conduct substance use screenings and refer to treatment accordingly.
6. Provide oversight and coordinate activities of the drop-in center.
7. Ensure drop-in center reflects Uplift Family Services’ service principles (e.g., welcoming).
Substance use treatment
1. Implement client intake, screening and assessment procedures.
2. Implement and ensure follow through on each client’s personalized treatment plan.
3. Ensure treatment plans include crisis intervention and community supports.
4. Provide evidence-based outpatient substance use treatment in clinic, community, or school based settings.
5. Coordinate care with other service providers and peer supports.
6. Support facilitation of services within Uplift Family Services programs, particularly with the CCBHC, and between Uplift Family Services/CCBHC and external partners (e.g., schools, agencies with MOUs, etc.)
1. Develop resources for peer and recovery supports and positive youth development.
2. Support Clients in developing WRAP plan.
1. Supports and sponsors programs and regional leadership.
2. Works with Program Manager on fund development.
3. Participates in internal and external multidisciplinary/cross functional teams.
4. Develops and maintains a resource and referral network.
5. Attend organization and departmental staff meetings as required.
6. Coordinate with evaluation team on evaluation requirements.
7. Conduct client follow-up interviews at six (6) months post-discharge.
8. All other duties as assigned.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
• Bachelors degree in social/behavioral sciences or related field required.
• Masters degree and/or LCSW/MFT or CAADAC/CCAPP referred
• Two (2) years working with youth and/or adults with mental health and/or substance abuse disorders required; Three (3) years preferred.
• Two (2) years in a supervisory role preferred.
• CAADAC/CCAPP (CA Consortium of Addiction Programs and Professionals) or three (3) years experience working with youth and/or adults with Substance Abuse Disorders preferred.
OTHER SPECIFIC REQUIRMENTS
• Must pass Department of Justice (DOJ), Federal Bureau of Investigations (FBI), and Child Abuse Index Check (CAIC) background clearance.
• Valid California Driver's license with two years experience driving and clean driving record may be required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop; kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
In the addition this position requires sitting, standing, climbing, kneeling, and walking.
Employee Statement of Understanding
I have read and understand the job description for my position. I am able to perform all of the essential functions of this position.
I agree to successfully complete all required training indicated for this position. I agree to keep all of my required certifications and licenses current and up to date and provide proper documentation of the same to the Human Resources Department. I agree to comply with all Agency policies and procedures. I agree to comply with the agency compliance plan and all laws, rules, regulations and standards of conduct relating to my position. As an employee, I understand my duty to report any suspected violations of the law or the standards of conduct to my immediate supervisor. As an employee, I will strive to uphold the mission and vision of the organization. All employees are required to adhere to the values in all their interactions with youth and families and fellow employees.