Title: TAY Specialist
Actual offers will be determined by the candidate’s creditable years of experience in conjunction with internal equity considerations and based on the organization’s current compensation practices.
Job Code: 693
Works within the vision, mission and philosophy of the agency, under direct supervision, provides case management support and services that ensure the emotional and physical safety of clients.
1. Provides initial and ongoing assessment of client strengths and needs. Develops, reviews, updates and ensures implementation of strength based service plans for each client including safety plans, independent living skills and legal issues.
2. Completes all documentation in compliance with agency and regulatory requirements.
3. Meets with clients in the home and community settings, developing a helping relationship and ensuring needed supports and services are provided.
4. Provides training of independent living skills and parenting skills, (if applicable) to clients.
5. Supports client to facilitate a successful placement and ensure compliance with agency and regulatory compliance.
6. Works to achieve permanency; builds and supports family and community connections and natural supports, at request of client.
7. Assists client to develop and acquire future housing prior to discharge.
8. Maintains ongoing communication and provides pertinent information to and coordinates with authorized representatives and other team members, participating in meetings, such as child/family teams.
9. Can be available for occasional after hour emergencies
10. Meets productivity and quality expectations and other performance goals as defined.
11. Provides referrals to other community agencies, as client needs dictate.
12. Monitor client’s housing conditions to ensure safety and cleanliness.
13. Performs other responsibilities, as assigned. May vary by site and program needs to support specific department/business needs.
Other Duties and Responsibilities
1. In certain circumstances, may be required to drive client to appointments.
2. Physical interactions with transitional aged youth, including but not limited to carrying furniture (not more than 40 lbs), demonstrating how to make a meal, or demonstrating how to assemble a household item
3. Position specific duties and responsibilities may very depending upon program.
4. Performs other related responsibilities, as assigned, to support specific department/business needs.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. All employees are responsible for keeping job requirements up to date. This can include but are not limited to certifications, licensure, and maintaining a clear criminal record.
• Bachelors degree (B.A. or B.S) in Social Work or Social Welfare; Psychology, Counseling, Child Development, Education with emphasis on Counseling.
• Related degree can be considered with two years experience in either Public or Private sector Social Services, or two years experience with Transition Aged Youth, ages 16 to 24.
Highly Desirable Skills
• Speak, read, and/or write another language highly desirable.
• Life experience in the areas that are taught to program clients, such as money management, career and job guidance, consumer skills, acquiring housing, home management and transportation.
Other Specific Requirements
• Must pass Department of Justice (DOJ), Federal Bureau of Investigations (FBI), and Child Abuse Index Check (CAIC) background clearance.
• Valid California Driver's license with two years of experience driving and clean driving record may be required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be required to use hands to handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; and taste or smell. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
In addition, this position requires sitting, standing, walking, climbing, and kneeling.
Employee Statement of Understanding
I have read and understand the job description for my position. I am able to perform all of the essential functions of this position.
I agree to successfully complete all required training indicated for this position. I agree to keep all of my required certifications and licenses current and up to date and provide proper documentation of the same to the Human Resources Department. I agree to comply with all Agency policies and procedures. I agree to comply with the agency compliance plan and all laws, rules, regulations and standards of conduct relating to my position. As an employee, I understand my duty to report any suspected violations of the law or the standards of conduct to my immediate supervisor. As an employee, I will strive to uphold the mission and vision of the organization. All employees are required to adhere to the values in all their interactions with youth and families and fellow employees.