Hu-Friedy is the gold standard in dental instrumentation. Accolades such as “Manufacturing Marvel,” “National Best and Brightest” and a feature in the “Wall Street Journal” for our innovation in training represent the excellence that is Hu-Friedy. A global industry leader, we are committed to employee engagement and development, diversity and inclusion, wellness and social responsibility. We have a commitment to continuously developing our team and to promoting from within whenever possible.
Our well-defined culture has strongly impacted the prosperity of our company. Our core values of Teamwork, Respect, Integrity, Excellence, Reliability and Social Responsibility are evident in daily life at Hu-Friedy and continue to shape the success of our business.
We are currently seeking an Operations Manager to join our Palmero Healthcare team in Stratford, CT
Summary of Position
Provides leadership and daily management of order fulfillment and inventory management within the Distribution and Production departments. Ensures timely, efficient and accurate processing of customer orders and location management of inventory. Supports the ISO quality system while reviewing, creating and implementing procedures and maintaining a highly trained, quality driven workforce. Works closely with on and off-site support services such as Customer Care, Human Resources, Supply Chain Planning, Product Management, Sales and Marketing, and Quality departments.
- Demonstrates competence in key areas of management and leadership expertise including: relationship and conflict management, communication, staff direction and motivation.
- Manage staff to meet desired results by communicating job expectations, planning, monitoring, training, coaching, counseling and appraising job results. Responsible for the overall development of team members.
- Execute Daily Management with operations team and off-site support for total business review and prioritization of activities and resources.
- Ability to actively engage staff addressing retention and performance issues in a timely manner.
- Maintain associate staffing and scheduling to meet requirements of distribution center.
- Develop and implement departmental policies and procedures that lend to accomplishing departmental and organizational goals. Recommend and drive to realization, measures to improve productivity, equipment performance and quality.
- Maintain a safe and secure work environment in order to produce quality products, ensure employee safety, and provide efficiency in operations. Implement and lead 5S programs throughout the operation.
- Contribute to achieving financial objectives and manage departmental budget to plan.
- Coordinate equipment & facilities repairs with contractors.
- Manage Administration of ShipERP module and any applicable Master Data in SAP.
- Collaborate closely with Supply Chain Planning to ensure finished goods and components are available to meet customer needs.
- Creatively identify opportunities to provide additional value to the operation and our customers.
- Participates in associate selection, interviews and placement.
- Ensure quality systems are adhered by maintaining ISO standards.
- Order MRO, shipping supplies, cleaning supplies, etc. to stay within budget.
- Other agreed on duties as business needs dictate.
Functional Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
This position requires an individual with:
- 7+ years' experience in distribution warehousing environment, 3-5 years' experience supervising like employees preferred.
- B.S., Business Management or relevant degree.
- Communicates a "can do" attitude and positive outlook, minimizing negative behavior
- Prior experience using SAP ERP system desired.
- Experience with shipping strategies and troubleshooting
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Collaboration skills to build relationships.
- Strong customer service skills with internal and external customers.
- Solid analytical skills and strong problem solving skills.
- Proven ability to manage multiple tasks.
- Strong planning and organization skills.
- Intermediate to advanced MS Office skills.
- Strong process improvement skills (ability to develop and implement processes)
- Ability to forecast and adapt to changes in workforce headcount and skill requirements.
Hu-Friedy is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age or any other protected characteristic. The EEO is the Law poster is available here .