HuFriedy Group is the dental industry leader in infection prevention solutions, premium instrumentation, and service and support programs that help dental professionals be the best in practice. As the dental division of Cantel, HuFriedy Group encompasses a vast array of brands and products, integrated together to deliver full service and support-a complete circle of protection-to dental practices around the globe.
HuFriedy Group is widely acknowledged for its excellence in manufacturing, infection prevention, and product innovation, with accolades in the Wall Street Journal as well as numerous honors and awards within the industry, including "Best New Infection Control Product" from the Dental Excellence Awards, five "Top Product Award" winners from Dental Advisor for infection prevention consumables, and 15 straight years of "Best Dental Hand Instrument, voted by professionals in the industry.
A global industry leader, we are committed to employee engagement and development, diversity and inclusion, wellness, and social responsibility. We have a commitment to continuously developing our team and to promoting from within whenever possible.
Our well-defined culture has strongly impacted the prosperity of our company. Our core values are evident in daily life at HuFriedy Group and continue to shape the success of our business.
Our 10,000 dental instruments and products are sold in over 100 countries, and we have close to 1,300 employees representing and growing our brand in 13 locations around the world.
We are currently seeking an Inventory Clerk II to be based out of our Des Plaines, IL offices.
Summary of Position
This position assures accurate inventory data is maintained on ERP application.
• Accurately follow receiving procedures for incoming items from outside vendors.
• Utilize SAP to execute bin management and material slotting
• Review, check and reconcile inventory discrepancies and variance
• Check Perishable Parts inventory on a monthly basis
• Create and change bin locations when needed
• Ensure primary and bulk inventory locations are maintained for accuracy
• Put away inventory accurately and in a timely manner
• Actively participate in daily cycle count programs
• Participate in the development and implementation of improved processes and procedures
• Read, understand and follow written instructions on orders and instructions from Supervisors and/or Tech Leads
• Ability to move inventory throughout the distribution center using various methods (i.e. cherry picker, forklift, and mobile stairs)
• Able to obtain forklift license and operate various types of forklifts
• Able to operate various machinery (i.e. stretch wrap machine, tape machine, pallet jack, compactors and floor scrubber)
• Maintain safe and clean working environment
• Ability to successfully complete all pertinent work in instructions and operating procedures
• Other duties as assigned
Functional Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
High School Diploma/GED or equivalent experience
Basic math skills
Basic computer skills
Good communication skills (oral, writing and reading)
Prior experience in a distribution or packaging center preferred