- Responsible for the production, quality and presentation of the bread assortment used in the daily menus.
- Prepares production forecasts and records leftovers in order to avoid unnecessary wastage and keep food cost within assigned budgets
- Must assist with the transportation of food items from the main stores to the galley.
- Duties include the cleaning and sanitizing of his/her working area and working utensils following “Shipsan”, the European sanitation program and United States Public Health
Rules at Regulations at all times.
- Will occasionally be assigned to an early standby in the galley for Shipsan/USPH purposes and/or helping with the breakfast service.
- Must be punctual and ensure that his/her personal appearance, uniform and personal
- hygiene are in accordance with the Company’s Rules and Regulations.
- Participates in all required safety and emergency drills according to instructions.
- Complies with Thomson Cruises’ safety, pollution prevention program and operating procedures.
- High school education, requires a minimum of two years in the profession (Quality Hotels,
- Restaurants or Cruise ship environment).
- Must be proficient in the English language (Read, Write and Speak).
- Must be able to perform all tasks in a proficient and timely manner, speed a motivating factor.
- Must have the ability to taste all foods to ensure correct preparation.
- Must be punctual.
- Has the ability and desire to work with an international team.