This ‘someone’ likes to raise a glass and then fill it with smiles. Sound like you? ... Keep reading! They are passionate about providing the most epic bar experience at sea and they can’t wait to bring it to life onboard.
What You’ll be Up To:
● Provide an epic experience for our guests at all times
● Maintain complete knowledge of all menu items, liquor brands, beers and non-alcoholic
selections available in the assigned outlet
● Maintain complete knowledge of designated glassware and garnishes for each drink
● Maintain complete knowledge of table/seat/station numbers, proper table set ups, room
capacity, hours of operation, menus, price range and dress code of assigned outlet
● Competently open and serve wine/champagne bottles
● Interact with Sailors and provide beverage information, promoting drinks and/or upselling
premium brands. They will also suggest alternative cocktails that aren’t visible on the
● Ensure that all bar products, equipment and cleaning materials are used in a cost-
● Assist Bartender in preparing garnishes and mixes
● Replenish supplies in Bars throughout the shift & restock ice
● Transport soiled wares to dishwashing area
● Ensures that Sailor orders are correctly entered into the system and monitors tab for any
● Carries out clear down routines after service and ensures the appearance and condition
of all items including glasses and bottles.
● Notifies Bar Supervisor of any complaints raised and seeks to resolve
● Be familiar with all cruise services/features and activations to respond to Sailor inquiries
● Ensures compliance with the Company alcohol policy and notifies Bar Supervisor when
Sailors/Crew are in danger of breaching
● Minimum 2 years’ experience as Bar Server/Waiter/Steward onboard a Cruise ship or
4/5 star hotel/resort
● Passionate about people and able to handle guest complaints with a smile!
● All certificates as required by the STCW code for this position
● Strong written & verbal skills
What Matters to Us
Your personality matters as much as how good you are at what you do. We want you
to bring it to our hang out spot and help make the place even better. So, we won’t be surprised
to hear that when people talk about you they say you are clever, on top of it, able to think
ahead, intuitive, passionate and someone people respect and enjoy working with because you make things happen.