The Baker is the second in command in the Bakery Department, his role is to assist the Head Baker to effectively supervise and manage the onboard Bakery Production, ensuring that Quality Standards and Procedures are in line with Company’s Rules and Regu
Essential duties and responsibilities Operational
• Responsible of the production of bakery goods such as different bread rolls, Danish, breads, croissant, etc.
• Must have a good Bakery knowledge and understanding of culinary terms including the knowledge of the
various types of grains and flour, familiar with gluten free bread options and any food related allergy.
• Ensures to run a disciplined shift, to be full in control of both, the production and personnel assigned.
• Must be able to read, understand, follow and prepare company recipes.
• Ensures that Menus, Recipes, Guidelines & Methods provided are followed accordingly.
• Must be able to work in any section of the Bakery Department and demonstrate methods and recipes to
his / her subordinates.
• Must be proficient in effecting completing tasks, work efficiently and productively.
• Maintain and ensure that Public Health are followed according to company standards and expectation
(referring to US, Anvisa, Shipsan, Canadian, Australian etc) are followed at all times on board.
• Produces and maintains the expected level of food quality in his / her area of responsibility.
• Responsible to maintain quality and consistency in taste, presentation and appearance according to
recipes and pictures; a
Ability to master bread decorations for the various buffet themes / special occasions as required by the
• Prepares the daily electronic requisitions according to the guest count / forecast figures.
• Communicates on a daily basis any relevant provision issues to the Head Baker and Pastry Chef.
• Must be familiar with the United States Public Health rules and regulations and ensure that they are
followed on a daily basis.
Conduct spot-checks and any type of inspections (SMS, PH…) as deemed necessary.
• Responsible to control and maintain all Bakery equipment, ensuring that it’s cleaned / sanitized and
returned in an acceptable and proper condition after each use.
• Responsible for all Bakery Equipment in terms of handling and storage. Any damages and / or
malfunctions must be justified, recorded and reported.
• Reports for duty at assigned times, follows his/her supervisor’s instructions.
Training & Development
Attends and conduct meetings, training activities, courses and all other work-related activities as required.
Mentors, develops and provides on-the-job training to subordinates to strengthen their current
performance and preparation for future advancement.
Ensure that all food crewmembers under his/her direction follow the Ships’ Rules and regulations and are
subject to a complete training and familiarization to their new job and living environment.
Establishes the manner and means to train personnel in their area of responsibility according to standard
Ensure that recipe reviews are conducted, corrected if needed and communicated to the Head Baker.
Ensure economical work practices and control the food production to minimize and avoid wastage.
Assist the Head Baker to monitor the bakery personnel’s working hours, maintain TAR and if applicable
correct TAR entries for payroll purposes.ny possible discrepancies are to be rectified immediately.