The major goal of the job is to thaw, butcher, and prepare meats and poultries according
to the Thawing and Preparation schedule established by the Butcher and the Chef.
- Will be assigned a schedule by the Butcher and Executive Chef that can be changed from time to time for training purposes.
- May be required to assist with the transportation of food items from the preparation areas to the galley.
- Duties include the rotation of stocks using the FIFO (first in – first out) procedure.
- Duties include the cleaning and sanitizing of his/her working area and working utensils following Shipsan, the European sanitation program and United States Public
- Health rules and regulations and all times.
- Must be present in an early standby each time the ship is subject to have a Shipsan/USPH inspection.
- Duties include the storing of the received meats and poultry into the freezers on the loading days.
- Ensures that his subordinates come to work on time, and that personal appearance, uniform and personal hygiene are in accordance with the company’s rules and regulations.
Participates in safety drills according to instructions.
Complies with Thomson Cruises’ safety and pollution prevention program and