• Ensures all food is prepared fresh and is of the highest quality
• Strictly adheres to all procedures and corporate specifications, methods and instructions from supervisor
• Reports to work on-time and in a clean uniform
• Maintains an organized and efficient flow of production, with regards to changes in forecasts and menus
• Responsible for procurement, scaling, preparing, and finishing products
• Consistently checks temperatures in foods and follows proper procedures in regards to chilling, and holding food.
• Reports waste to supervisors on a daily basis
• Checks station upon arrival to determine status of outstanding safety, or equipment issues
• Checks station prior to leaving to ensure cleanliness, proper disposal/removal of food, and proper storing and labeling.
• Maintains USPH/FDA standards for station
• Performs other related duties as assigned or as directed. The omission of specific duties does not preclude the supervisor from assigning duties that are logically related to the position.
• Must be familiar with the Safety and Environmental Protection Policy and the SEMS, and carry out the policies and procedures appropriate for his/her position.
• Intermediate level English verbal and writing skills, including the proper use of English grammar is required.
• Minimum one year experience using basic pastry techniques and skills in order to decorate, portion and plate pastries.
• Minimum one year experience using basic pastry techniques and skills in order to prepare pastries such as: candies, petit fours, frozen and cold desserts.
• Minimum of six months experience in using/operating basic pastry equipment such as balance scales, mixers, and ovens.
• Minimum one year experience in a pastry production operation is required. Formal culinary training may substitute at an equivalent rate.
• High School Diploma or foreign equivalent is required.
• Two year degree from a recognized culinary educational establishment or foreign equivalency is preferred.
• Proactive, Team Player, Problem Solver
• Passionate about hospitality and customer service driven
• Must have a professional appearance and good hygiene
• Respect for all co-workers and guests
• Pride in your work by creating positive energy, excitement and fun
• Able to work 7 days a week
• Demonstrate positive behaviors; smiling, being polite and courteous
• Able to develop a camaraderie with team members
• Ability to live in close quarters, share limited space with other cabin-mates