The Assistant Pastry is responsible of the preparation of Pastry items that require basic professional skills. Assist the Pastry Chef to produce pastries on time and in line with Company standards and recipes.
Essential duties and responsibilities
• Preparing all required Pastry recipe as instructed following the Menus, Recipes, Guidelines & Methods
• Must be able to take on basic tasks (creams, ice-cream, and preparation of basic dough’s) and technics
(piping bag, knife handling skills)
• Must be able to read, understand, follow and prepare company recipes.
• Maintain a safe and clean work environment by complying with USPH and Company Regulations.
• Must be able to work in any section of the Pastry Department and demonstrate methods and recipes to
his / her subordinates.
• Produces and maintains the expected level of food quality in his / her area of responsibility as per the
Pastry Chef instructions.
• Responsible to maintain quality and consistency in taste, presentation and appearance according to
recipes and pictures; any possible discrepancies are to be rectified immediately.
• Communicates on a daily basis any relevant provision issues to the Chef De Partie.
• Must have a good Pastry knowledge and understanding of culinary terms.Must be proficient in effecting completing tasks, work efficiently and productively.
• Must be familiar with the United States Public Health rules and regulations and ensure that they are
followed on a daily basis.
• Maintains his assigned area in preparation for announced or unannounced United States Public Health
type inspection either done by the Food & Beverage Manager or the actual inspectors.
Training & Development