Position Title: Program Coordinator, Program Operations
Status: Regular, Full-Time
Location: Seattle, WA
Classification: Exempt (Not Eligible for Overtime Pay)
Salary: $48,000 - $52,000 DOE
Landesa is seeking an organized, action-oriented and challenge-ready Program Coordinator who will be responsible for a range of administrative work that supports efficiency and quality across Landesa’s programmatic work. In short, the person filling this role will bring an affinity and skillset for dynamic, fast-paced and coordinative administrative work that helps Landesa do what it does, better.
The Program Coordinator will report to a Program Manager on Landesa’s Program Operations team and will contribute to that team’s development and integration of systems, processes and tools that strengthen Landesa’s programmatic work. For day-to-day assignments and provision of administrative support, the Program Coordinator will work directly with India, Southeast Asia and China Program Directors, and Asia Region Senior Director. They will work independently and directly with program and operations teams in country to implement day to day activities.
About Landesa: Landesa is an international nonprofit dedicated to ending global poverty by securing land rights for the people experiencing poverty around the globe. Founded in 1981, Landesa has worked in 50 countries throughout the world, with a central office in Seattle, WA and regional offices in China, India, Liberia, Myanmar and Tanzania. The organization is widely supported by partners, including NGOs, foundations, donor agencies (USAID, World Bank, etc.), world leaders, educational institutions and individual supporters throughout the world. Landesa partners with governments, civil society, and companies to develop pro-poor and gender-sensitive laws, policies and programs that have helped strengthen land rights for more than 180 million families.
About the job: As a member of the Program Operations team, the Program Coordinator will be responsible for:
- Contributing insights to the team’s development of systems, processes and tools that support quality and efficiency in Landesa’s programmatic work.
- Proactively flagging when tools or processes do not exist but should and proposing and at times developing innovative, technologically integrated and practical solutions.
- Supporting efforts to align regional office and United States processes and systems.
- Serving as the Program Operations frontline on the Asia Program teams, integrating Program Operations innovations into team habits and helping colleagues to adopt new technologies and processes.
The Program Coordinator will also provide a range of program, administrative and financial management support to the Asia teams. Though based in the US, the cross-cutting nature and reach of this position extends to engagement across all Landesa offices. Administrative support includes:
- Coordinating information: ensuring the information that the Program Directors and other team members require for successfully managing programmatic portfolios (i.e., information on budgets, deliverables, schedules, etc.) is accessible, accurate, timely and well-organized. Comfort in coordinating and managing information in large, complex, multi-stakeholder projects.
- Coordinating time: helping the team’s schedule run smoothly by tracking and ensuring awareness of important internal and external needs, deadlines, events, processes, etc.
- Coordinating processes and systems: spotting the need for and putting in place systems and processes that support effective program and project management. Ensuring that myriad processes and systems which exist are made accessible, implemented and adhered to across program staff.
- Providing general administrative support: ensuring the department runs as a well-oiled machine by managing administrative tasks in a timely, organized and efficient manner, including tasks related to travel logistics; budgets; event planning; document storage; copy editing; light research; expense reporting; notetaking; coordination of consultants, invoices and contracting agreements; grant and contract administration; capacity building of country office staff; proposal development; and general troubleshooting and interdepartmental coordination required for maintaining Asia-based operations.
About the successful candidate: The following experience and qualities will support success as a candidate:
- A Bachelor’s degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 3-5 years’ experience performing administrative or coordinative work in a variable but process-intensive environment; experience in a non-profit, financial or legal setting is a plus. and experience working in an international organization or across countries and cultures is a plus.
- Top-notch ability in tools and technologies that enable highly effective administrative work, such as Office 365, Adobe, Salesforce, Smartsheets and other efficiency focused tools; an enthusiasm for learning new features, tools and systems is important. Expands comfort for learning new technologies to teaching others.
- A robust understanding of budgeting and financial management principles and approaches.
- Knowledge of and dedicated to principles of diversity, equity and inclusion in internal and external work.
- Experience supporting resource development through fundraising and grant writing, as well as administration activities of grants and contracts of both private and public funders.
- An appreciation for process and an ability to quickly grasp the resources, stakeholders, information and decision points necessary for bringing a multifaceted task to completion; an ability to manage people and workflows.
- A high level of comfort with juggling tasks and an ability to remain unflappable and effective in the face of tight deadlines, unexpected developments and competing priorities. Displays strong confidence and comfort around higher management and has the ability to manage individuals and manage up. Comfort with a matrixed reporting environment.
- A sense of humor and excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to work in a multi-cultural, multi-ethnic environment with sensitivity and respect for diversity. A strong communicator who values process and the journey as well as the destination.
- Broad knowledge of various laws, regulations, and requirements for working in Asian countries a plus.
- An eagerness to seize challenges and to create efficiency and ease for multiple teams.
Equal employment opportunity has been, and will continue to be, a fundamental principle at Landesa. Landesa is committed to a work environment in which relationships are characterized by dignity, courtesy, and respect. We are committed to nondiscrimination in all of our business operations and embraces diversity as a key strategic philosophy and strength of how we do our global work. Landesa actively seeks diverse candidates for employment.