Vice President of Finance
Michigan Fitness Foundation (MFF) plays a vital role in promoting the health of Michigan citizens by working in conjunction with the executive office, state agencies, and other partners. Created in 1994, MFF supports and builds collaborative partnerships to affect change in communities and improve conditions where people live, learn, work, and play.
MFF is looking for a full-time VP of Finance to join their team in Lansing, Michigan. As part of the executive team, this leader shares in the strategic management of the organization and specifically oversees the planning and management of all financial-related activities, as well as certain aspects of Human Resources. If you are a strategic leader that wants to make a difference in the lives of Michiganders, this may be the role for you.
Duties and Responsibilities (including, but not limited to)
- Partners with the Executive Leadership Team on operational and strategic opportunities; provides strategic recommendations based on financial analysis and projections.
- Provides oversight of all aspects of the finance, accounting, budget, and cost management functions.
- Creates budgets, monthly and annual financial reports, financial trends, and other financial analyses.
- Oversees the accounting and financial reporting functions for any wholly owned subsidiaries of the MFF, including the consolidation of all entities.
- Manages all accounts, ledgers, and reporting systems ensuring compliance with appropriate GAAP standards, OMB Uniform Guidance 2 CFR 200, and applicable laws and rules for financial and grant reporting.
- Manages all aspects of the annual audit, tax return preparation, indirect cost allocation plan, and other filings as needed for MFF and wholly owned subsidiaries of MFF.
- Provides strategic management and oversight of the payroll and employee benefits functions.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in accounting, finance, or similar field required.
- Certified Public Accountant designation and/or MBA preferred.
- Five or more years’ experience as a finance leader or equivalent, preferably in a nonprofit organization with a budget of at least $10 million.
- Comprehensive knowledge of nonprofit accounting and Generally Accepted Accounting Principles, including grant accounting, compliance, and reporting.
- Knowledge of OMB Uniform Grant Guidance 2 CFR 200.
- Experience with employee benefits management.
- Knowledge of labor laws and HR best practices.
Compensation and Benefits:
MFF offers a competitive compensation package that includes paid holidays, paid time off, medical, dental, vision, life insurance, STD/LTD, 401K, and more.
Michigan Fitness Foundation is an equal opportunity employer.