The Sr Agile Product Owner strives to create the most comprehensive and successful application of their product expertise, from efficacy of software architecture to end-user experience. Product expertise arenas include Cloud, Visual, Interactive, and Audio.
- Elicit and decompose project objectives and solutions into epics, features, and user stories and continually mature the backlog against the visionary themes and strategies, focusing on value-driven delivery
- Act as a principal designer for complex major systems and their subsystems utilizing a thorough understanding of available technology, and existing designs.
- Enable business stakeholders to prioritize the backlog to drive iterative development, using MoSCoW, weighted averaging and other prioritization techniques
- Develop feature/user story maps and feature delivery plans, in collaboration with technical leaders and stakeholders
- Document deliverables in appropriate requirements, flows, design and architecture materials
- Lead refinement sessions with stakeholders and technologists to document detailed user stories
- Collaborates with other teams to prioritize features and stories with external dependencies
- Proactively communicate and collaborate with product managers, stakeholders, scrum team, systems team, to analyze information and functional requirements, advocate the development process through to implementation, and ensure the delivered product meets business needs
- Maintain subject matter expertise with a deep understanding of the technical details within the solution
- Act as a user proxy with an intimate knowledge of related user workflows and needs.
- Perform acceptance testing for user stories and features
- Learn and dissect the offerings of business acquisitions and build implementation strategies to fuel synergies and unite disparate products in their arena.
- Own product launches and facilitate change management
- Create buy-in for the product vision both internally and with key external partners.
- Act as a product evangelist to build awareness and understanding.
- All other duties as assigned.
- In-depth understanding of Agile methodologies, technical understanding of products, and up-to-date on industry standards and best practices
- BA/BS in Computer Science, Engineering, Product Design, Business or a related field or equivalent experience
- 5+ years as a Product Owner/Platform owner within a B2B SaaS oriented product organization
- Experience managing cross-functional software development teams in an agile environment
- Demonstrated experience defining and delivering Roadmaps for complex technical problems that align to the driving business KPI’s
- Demonstrated experience managing business priorities against design/user needs while delivering against product roadmaps
- Experience proposing and analyzing product KPIs
- Experience conducting and analyzing customer and product discovery efforts
- Experience with Agile project management tools including Jira and Confluence
- High sense of urgency and Skilled at working effectively with cross functional teams within an organization.
- Experience managing end-to-end software product development and releases
- Demonstrated experience driving ambiguous issues to resolution
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and manage through competing priorities
- Proven ability to develop product and marketing strategies and effectively communicate recommendations to executive management.
- Verbal and written communication skills, ability to translate between business and technical
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear; and smell. The employee is required to sit the majority of the day. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work is performed in a typical office environment.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.