The Director of Product’s primary objective is to lead the Spectrio’s PDLC and agile practice . The team will be focused on building, pruning, and maintaining the product backlog, consisting of user stories, defects, refactors, integration and infrastructure work, prioritized based on user value, time dependencies, risk reduction and effort. This roll up the sleeves servant leader will be focused on increasing customer value, integrating new technologies from acquisitions and continuously improving Spectrio’s technology solutions.
- Define and communicate the vision and strategy for the value stream in the overall Spectrio product portfolio.
- Lead the technical integration roadmap for new acquisitions
- Lead the agile development practice within Spectrio’s SDLC
- Lead and build a team of product managers.
- Drive strong collaboration with the technology, operations, finance, sales and marketing teams to translate strategy to actionable goals.
- Own the Spectrio product roadmap and identify opportunities to grow products while maintaining fundamental business goals.
- Manage the product lifecycle from concept to prototype to various levels of maturation.
- Partner with the marketing, sales and finance teams to define and refine “go to market” strategy, pricing, promotion, and placement.
- Establish strong and collaborative relationships with business partners across the company to help identify new product or solutions requirements.
- Lead the research of current and future products with respect to target market segments, latent needs, competitive landscape, customer ecosystem, and purchasing patterns.
- Assist with decision-making and sequencing with respect to key technological infrastructure implementation that will host new business objectives.
- Work with engineering teams to ensure that product architecture and development sprint and release planning meet organizational goals.
- With appropriate stakeholder input, to build, prune, and maintain the product backlog, consisting mostly of user stories, but also defects, refactors, integration and infrastructure work, prioritized based on user value, time dependencies, risk reduction and effort.
- Identify opportunities to automate tasks, leverage technology and reduce failure points in the product.
- Identify and mitigate risk and ensure controls are in place throughout the product lifecycle.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering or business. MBA or other advanced degree is preferred.
- Extensive experience in a tech enabled services based or SAAS environment driving delivery teams toward defined business outcomes.
- Proven experience managing high performing Product teams as a Servant Leader.
- Demonstrated deep knowledge of the software development lifecycle.
- 10+ years building and delivering enterprise class products that delight customers.
- 10+ years of experience in technology development, including leadership role in a large-scale environment.
- 10+ years working in lean and Agile development processes to develop and manage products and people through the entire product life cycle.
- Demonstrated ability to work closely with the executive team, commercial teams, and operations.
- Strong awareness of technology trends, influence and impact.
- Superior analytical skills, in both the quantitative and the qualitative aspects.
- Crisp and effective communication skills, including significant experience presenting cross-functionally and across all levels.
- Ability to build and develop durable relationships across product teams, engineers, marketing, etc. to support research and strategy execution needs.
- Demonstrated experience leading change management within an organization and continual challenging of the status quo.
- Experience leading high performing teams.