The primary objective of the Director of Software Engineering is to lead Spectrio’s software development team to deliver projects which increase customer value.
- Provides direct and ongoing leadership for a team of individual contributors designing and developing new products, enhancements, and testing products for on-time deliveries to customers.
- Assess project feasibility, analyze the resource needs and delegate tasks as required for delivering schedules, and that goals, objectives, timelines, and budgets are met in accordance with program and organizational roadmaps.
- Communicates project status and escalates issues to stakeholders rapidly to keep projects to meet TTM.
- Manages a team of 5-10 direct reports
- Lead the team with internal and external partners to ensure projects delivered on time and meet expectations of customers.
- Coach, mentors and grow team members. Proactively manages talent.
- Plan and directs all aspects of software engineering activities
- Ensure all software engineering projects, initiatives, and processes are in conformance with organization’s established policies and objectives.
- Drives quality through reviews and approves testing/certification procedures.
- Provides input to strategic decisions that affect the functional area of responsibility.
- Give input into developing the budget.
- Capable of resolving escalated issues arising from operations and requiring coordination with other departments.
- Complies with internal and external standards.
- Carries out other duties as assigned as business needs require.
- BS degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or electronics related field.
- 10+ years of professional experience developing complex software systems on multiple platforms.
- 5+ years of professional experience in people management. Demonstrates goal setting, performance management, and salary planning.
- Experience in programming applications for real-time embedded systems. Experience with low level hardware or driver development is required.
- Strong leadership skills, including coaching, team-building, and conflict resolution
- Knowledge of automated test techniques and tools.
- Knowledge of computer hardware and electronics, and awareness of the constraints of embedded systems.
- Demonstrates experience with agile methodologies, SCRUM, and continuous improvement.
- Experience with managing software projects using tools such as Jira, Microsoft project or equivalent.
- Ability to take initiative and carry out project tasks with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrates oral and written communication skill to effectively interface with all levels of Company management and staff, customers and outside business contacts.
- Proficiency with English language both written and verbal communication.
- Strong problem solving skills, attention to detail, and the ability to work as a team member to creatively and cooperatively solve problems and complete tasks.
Technical Qualifications :
- Broad and extensive knowledge of the software development process
- Knowledge of software architectural styles and design patterns
- Experience with service-oriented architecture (SOA)
- Cloud hosting services, specifically Amazon AWS
- Continuous Integration and deployment, e.g. Jenkins, Travis, Circle CI
- Fundamental knowledge of DevOps in a Linux production environment