About the Role:
TOMS is in business to improve lives.
TOMS is looking for a Digital UX/UI Designer. As our sole in-house UX/UI Designer, you will serve as the ultimate advocate for TOMS global digital customers. We're looking for an experienced UX/UI Designer with hands-on ownership of eCommerce experiences, ideally for Fashion, Footwear, or Lifestyle brands. In this role, you'll strategize and create engaging and cohesive customer experiences that identify customer needs and meet business requirements, aiming to consistently improve site performance. You will have a pulse on the competitive landscape, using findings to support the testing and optimization roadmap.
This position requires a passionate, creative, and motivated self-starter who understands the importance of putting the customer first and keeps web best practices and accessibility at the top of mind. Our ideal candidate will deliver detailed specs, standards, process flows, wireframes, and prototypes with precision and care. If you are highly collaborative, you'll thrive while providing feedback on web asset briefs and reviewing deliverables to ensure they meet specs as expected. Come prepared for a fast-paced creative environment!
What You'll Do:
- Collaborate with Product Owners and functional business stakeholders to define design requirements for new or enhanced digital experiences
- Support User Acceptance Testing of implemented designs
- Lead cross-functional reviews with Content, Merchandising, Digital Marketing, Creative, and Development teams to align expectations in implementing innovative and achievable cross-device design solutions to key business initiatives
- Support management of Testing & Optimization roadmap, finding opportunities to drive incremental revenue
- Create detailed specifications, style guides, and prototypes for handoff to Development & Creative teams
- Maintain an evolving understanding of consumer behaviors through in-depth competitive, industry, and user research on a regular basis
- Identify, address, and strategize solutions around issues impacting the customer journey and site performance
- Establish and maintain a consistent UX and visual standard, and brand identity across all TOMS global digital entities
- Participate in and provide feedback for digital asset delivery processes, ensuring delivered assets meet existing Content Management Specs as well as web accessibility requirements
What You Bring:
- 4+ years of UI/UX experience focused on eCommerce
- 5+ years of experience with Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch, and InVision/InVision Studio
- Experience with Salesforce Commerce Cloud Page Designer preferred
- A strong digital portfolio showcasing your style and strengths
- Strong understanding of current and emerging digital technologies
- Knowledge of best practices, including web accessibility, prototyping, agile development, and lean design methodologies
- Strong organizational and communication skills, along with acute attention to detail
- Ability to present and pitch designs to executives
- Familiarity with the TOMS brand, consumer, and aesthetic - especially as we continue to evolve
What We Give:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance; 401K with company matching
- A generous PTO policy + 10 paid annual holidays + one floating holiday
- 4 free pairs of shoes per year (yes free!)
- Employee Discount on all of our products plus discounts on partnering businesses
- Wellness classes (exercise, finance, mental health, parenting, nutrition, etc.)
- Opportunities to volunteer with Giving Partners and Community Organizations
- Global and Domestic Giving Trips – see first hand how supporting grassroots efforts helps communities thrive!
EEO Statement: TOMS is an equal opportunity employer, committed to intentional anti-racism in all areas of our organization and will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in accordance with the L.A. Fair Chance Initiative Ordinance. Our diverse backgrounds, perspectives, identities, and talents help us thrive!