The Sales Associate’s main role is to effectively share TOMS giving stories, our culture and our products with the local communities we belong to. Sales Associates deliver the ultimate personalized customer care to each and every guest in our stores, consistently going above and beyond customer expectations. Participation in community events, TOMS culture and teamwork is highly emphasized and encouraged.
We expect you to have a passion and knowledge about TOMS giving program. You provide customers with an unforgettable store experience by creating a comfortable atmosphere and demonstrating TOMS culture by storytelling about our giving and wearing relevant TOMS products on the retail floor. You engage customers in conversation by sharing information on our local events and community initiatives, and create lasting relationships with community influencers.
- Ensures exceptional customer care delivered to customers 100% of the time.
- Passionately educates customers on TOMS giving program and our mission of using business to improve lives.
- Takes a stand as an advocate for TOMS’ values and culture.
- Assists in preparing the store for the day including: replenishing product, cleaning retail areas, answering phone inquiries, ensures POS and payments systems are operating correctly.
- Responsible and dependable time management, ability to work independently when given a task.
- Extraordinary customer interaction skills, always solution oriented with customers.
- Unpack boxes for inventory as required. Boxes can weigh up to 50 lbs.
The TOMS Associate will be successful in this role when they can not only execute the following tasks, but also train fellow associates and see successful results in the following areas:
- Customer: Explains why and how we give and the concept behind story telling
- Community: Works directly with store leadership to execute community initiatives, understands what a grassroots participative event looks like, ensures digital content (Instagram) is brand aligned.
- Product: Accurately recalls current season styles and color ways, differentiates between quality and materials used in different lines and corroborating giving stories, describes show-ready visual merchandising.
- Operations: Understands the daily sales goal and give for retail, supporting inventory operational needs.
Qualifications & Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Experience in retail sales, hospitality, merchandising, or marketing.
- Self-motivated, organized, and entrepreneurial.
- Passionate about giving, upbeat, friendly and authentic.
- Knowledge of the footwear marketplace a plus.
- Experience using various POS systems.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including nights & weekends as business dictates.
EEO Statement: TOMS is an equal opportunity employer and will consider applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the ordinance.