DT Global is a fast-growing international development organization that focuses on improving the capability, capacity, and effectiveness of development programming in complex global environments. Working across a variety of sectors – including Economic Growth, Environment & Infrastructure, Governance, Human Development, and Stabilization & Transition - we provide world class program management, design, analysis, and monitoring and evaluation services.
Built on the strengths, knowledge, and 50+ years of experience from AECOM International Development, Development Transformations, and the Global Peace and Development Charitable Trust, we have a global ecosystem – including a non-profit partner, the DT Institute – working together to develop cutting edge solutions to the world’s most pressing challenges. With corporate offices in the USA, Spain and Australia, in addition to project field offices in over 90 countries around the world, DT Global implements projects funded from a wide array of clients, including USAID, EU, DFAT, NC, MFAT, DFID and other public and private stakeholders. We value learning, research, and rapid program adaptation in response to changing realities on the ground. Together with our global team of experts, we are building technical capabilities across sectors in order to deliver high-quality interventions and transform lives around the world. For more information please see: DT Global.
DT Global is implementing a contract supporting USAID programs in the MENA region. Under this contract the Economic Governance and Policy Technical Specialist (EG) will support the technical staff of USAID/Libya Economic Growth Office (EGO) based in Tunisia.
Ongoing: The Specialist will assist the EGO team undertaking tasks including but not limited to the following:
- Assist COR/AOR in reviewing implementing partner products and track performance of project(s) against the terms of the contract/agreement/grant;
- Assist COR/AOR in conducting monitoring and evaluation of program implementation, associated expenditures, and progress of project(s);
- Assist with the development of briefings for USAID/Libya, Libya External Office (LEO), and other stakeholders, including the preparation of meeting/event/trip reports;
- Provide periodic analysis of policies and trends that may affect USAID economic growth programming;
- Attend meetings with USAID implementing partners, donors and international organizations and draft summaries for USAID's review;
- Track social media, news and think tanks and provide policy recommendations on key topics;
- Assist the AOR/COR in accruals and preparation for quarterly or biannual portfolio reviews; and
- As requested, do TDY(s) to USAID's Middle East Regional Platform (MERP), based in Frankfurt, Germany and/or to the LEO in Tunis, Tunisia.
M&E: M&E: The Specialist helps EGO staff in the collection and monitoring of performance data on an ongoing basis and prepares reports of program/project/activity progress for use within the USAID/Libya Mission and relevant USAID offices around the world.
- Attend implementing partner (IP) meetings that are in Libya, take notes and draft recommendations on how the trainings/workshops could be improved;
- Assist in maintaining the mission performance management plan (PMP);
- Assist in the preparation and maintenance of activity-level monitoring, evaluation, and learning (MEL) plans and ensure their effective use as management and information tools;
- Assist with preparation of and submission of data for annual and other reports to Washington DC, ensuring the quality and relevance of data;
- Prepare weekly updates, briefing papers, success stories, reports and press releases as assigned as well as specialized documents such as speeches, as needed;
- Organize and coordinate public events related to USAID programs/projects/activities;
- Provide interpretation, note-taking, and meeting readout support; and
- Maintain knowledge of EGO project objectives, accomplishments, and development impacts to synthesize in writing or in briefs upon demand, especially for meetings, speeches, background papers and other USAID reporting requirements.
Policy Analysis: The Specialist is expected to remain current on economic, political, and social trends within Lib-ya, especially among Government of Libya (GOL) counterparts that influence the implementation and potential impact of USAID's programs. To that end, the Specialist will support the EGO staff in analyzing current and pro-posed GOL policies and assessing their potential impact on USAID development objectives.
Other Duties: The Specialist will perform other duties as assigned and as such, must be flexible.
Education & Minimum Qualifications:
- A bachelor’s degree in a relevant field such as, but not limited to, international development, and Economics;
- At least four (4) years of progressively responsible relevant work experience,
- Which includes at least one (1) year working in a developing country experience;
- Experience in stabilization or post-conflict environments, particularly with program and grants development in these environments;
- Experience in contract/grant management;
- Experience working in a multi-cultural environment with a diverse staff;
- Excellent English language writing and oral communication skills;
- Fluency in Arabic language writing and oral communication skills;
- Experience coordinating the implementation of activities working on sensitive stabilization or political transition objectives with other stakeholders.
- An advanced degree in a relevant field such as but not limited to MBA, Economy, international development;
- Interest and background in stabilization and transition programs;
- Prior work experience in Libya
- TEAMWORK: Works cooperatively and effectively with others to achieve common goals. Participates in build-ing a culture characterized by inclusion, trust and commitment.
- COMMUNICATION: Effectively conveys information and expresses thoughts professionally. Demonstrates effective use of listening skills and displays openness to other people's ideas and thoughts.
- ADAPTABILITY: Adjusts planned work by gathering relevant information and applying critical thinking to ad-dress multiple demands and competing priorities in a changing environment.
- CUSTOMER/CLIENT FOCUSED: Anticipates, monitors and meets the needs of customers and responds to them in an appropriate and responsive manner.
- DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION: Conveys respect for diverse individuals and perspectives; models inclusive behavior and treats everyone fairly.
- PROFESSIONALISM: Displays appropriate and ethical behavior, integrity and personal presentation in the workplace always; demonstrates respectful communication for others, both verbal and non-verbal.
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
DT Global is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, gender identity, or national origin. DT Global prohibits discriminating against employees and job applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose the compensation of the employee or applicant or another employee or applicant.