DT Global is a fast-growing international development organization that focuses on improving the capability, capacity, and effectiveness of development programming in complex global environments. Working across a variety of sectors – including Economic Growth, Environment & Infrastructure, Governance, Human Development, and Stabilization & Transition - we provide world-class program management, design, analysis, and monitoring and evaluation services.
Built on the strengths, knowledge, and 50+ years of experience from AECOM International Development, Development Transformations, and the Global Peace and Development Charitable Trust, we have a global ecosystem – including a non-profit partner, the DT Institute – working together to develop cutting edge solutions to the world’s most pressing challenges. With corporate offices in the USA, Spain, and Australia, in addition to project field offices in over 90 countries around the world, DT Global implements projects funded from a wide array of clients, including USAID, EU, DFAT, NC, MFAT, DFID and other public and private stakeholders. We value learning, research, and rapid program adaptation in response to changing realities on the ground. Together with our global team of experts, we are building technical capabilities across sectors to deliver high-quality interventions and transform lives around the world. For more information, please see www.dt-global.com.
DT Global is seeking an Analyst for an anticipated project to support third-party monitoring of stabilization programs in the Central Sahel region. The Analyst will produce analytical reporting on political and security dynamics in the Central Sahel, with an emphasis on the Liptako-Gourma region of Burkina Faso and Niger.
The location of the position is flexible, but West Africa; Berlin or Washington, DC preferred, with travel to West Africa (up to 25% time)
- Produce high-quality, polished analytical reports on the security and political situation in the target geographies;
- Review, assess, and interpret original reporting by field researchers and enumerators submitted in French;
- Work directly with field teams to draft reports;
- Prepare surveys and questionnaires;
- Clean, prepare, and analyze raw survey data in Excel or another data processing tool;
- Conduct exploratory data analysis (basic descriptive statistics) of quantitative data;
- Produce finished charts and visuals in Excel and/or Power BI;
- Contribute to strategies for data collection, analysis, and production of polished reports;
- Maintain a direct line of communications with the client and respond to ad-hoc requests for information (RFIs);
- Develop and deliver training materials on data collection, research, and analysis best practices;
- Maintain exceptional situational awareness of security, political, and humanitarian developments in West Africa, the Central Sahel, and Liptako Gourma;
- Coordinate with other Learning and Innovation Team members;
Bachelor’s Degree in related field including: International Relations; Political Science; Government; Economics; Master’s degree preferred.
Minimum Qualifications and Key Competencies:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in a social science or regional studies;
- Fluency in English and French (required);
- Exceptional English writing ability;
- Extensive experience interpreting qualitative and quantitative data inputs from local researchers and analysts, ideally in the Central Sahel region;
- Extensive experience with stabilization programs in West Africa/Sahel, ideally as a researcher or monitoring & evaluation specialist;
- Considerable knowledge and expertise of the history, society, and culture of Burkina Faso, Niger, and Mali, with an emphasis on the Liptako-Gourma region;
- Proficiency in local languages spoken in the central Sahel (particularly Hausa and Fulani);
- Knowledge of Kobo Toolbox and/or other mobile data collection systems;
- Knowledge of PowerBI, Tableau and/or other visual data analysis systems;
- Knowledge of QGIS/ArcGIS and/or other GIS systems;
DT Global Core Competencies:
- Teamwork: Works cooperatively and effectively with others to achieve common goals. Participates in building a culture characterized by inclusion, trust and commitment.
- Communication: Effectively conveys information and expresses thoughts professionally. Demonstrates effective use of listening skills and displays openness to other people's ideas and thoughts.
- Adaptability: Adjusts planned work by gathering relevant information and applying critical thinking to address multiple demands and competing priorities in a changing environment
- Customer/Client Focused: Anticipates, monitors and meets the needs of customers and responds to them in an appropriate and responsive manner.
- Diversity & Inclusion: Conveys respect for diverse individuals and perspectives; models inclusive behavior and treats everyone fairly.
- Professionalism: Displays appropriate and ethical behavior, integrity and personal presentation in the workplace always; demonstrates respectful communication for others, both verbal and non-verbal
DT Global is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, gender identity, or national origin. DT Global prohibits discriminating against employees and job applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose the compensation of the employee or applicant or another employee or applicant.