DT Global is a fast-growing international development organization that focuses on improving the capability, capacity, and effectiveness of development programming in complex global environments. Working across a variety of sectors – including Economic Growth, Environment & Infrastructure, Governance, Human Development, and Stabilization & Transition - we provide world class program management, design, analysis, and monitoring and evaluation services.
Built on the strengths, knowledge, and 50+ years of experience from AECOM International Development, Development Transformations, and the Global Peace and Development Charitable Trust, we have a global ecosystem – including a non-profit partner, the DT Institute – working together to develop cutting edge solutions to the world’s most pressing challenges. With corporate offices in the USA, Spain and Australia, in addition to project field offices in over 90 countries around the world, DT Global implements projects funded from a wide array of clients, including USAID, EU, DFAT, NC, MFAT, DFID and other public and private stakeholders. We value learning, research, and rapid program adaptation in response to changing realities on the ground. Together with our global team of experts, we are building technical capabilities across sectors in order to deliver high-quality interventions and transform lives around the world. For more information please see: DT Global.
Position Summary: DT Global is seeking a Country Security Director (“CSD”) who will oversee the daily security management of all DT Global projects and activities in South Sudan under the direction of the Global Security Director. The CSD will manage the Country Security Team that consists of two Project Risk Managers, security subcontractor/s, and other security-related service providers. This position requires an excellent communicator that can effectively collaborate with DT Global internal and external stakeholders.
- Collaborate closely with the Global Security Director in all facets of the development and implementation of DT Global’s South Sudan security platform.
- Develop and supervise the implementation of safety and security policies and procedures.
- Conduct ongoing detailed project security risk assessments for all projects ensuring the appropriate risk mitigation measures are employed to facilitate projects’ activities.
- Ensure security-related resources and systems meet their intended purpose and standards, this includes but is not limited to, vehicles, life-safety and communication assets.
- Manage security subcontractors to ensure mitigation measures are effectively implemented and contractual obligations are met.
- Communicate and collaborate closely with Chiefs of Party to ensure project objectives are achieved while managing risks at or below the organization’s acceptable risk threshold.
- Assist Chiefs of Party in managing their security budget to achieve an effective security spend.
- Train and supervise Project Risk Managers to increase the security team’s overall effectiveness.
- Establish and develop an information-sharing network of local security stakeholders to increase the organization’s safety and security awareness in South Sudan.
- Liaise with the PLSO, Client/s and other stakeholders as directed to ensure external stakeholders are aware of project activities, security risks and security-related issues and concerns.
- Lead field effort in Incident, Emergency and Crisis Response for DT Global in South Sudan.
- Meet all security-related requirements as directed by the DT Global Security Director.
Education & Minimum Qualifications:
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience as a Country Security Director or equivalent for a USAID implementer.
- Minimum of 7 years’ experience providing risk management services for an international organization.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience providing risk management services in South Sudan for an international organization, USAID implementer a plus.
- Demonstrated expertise in managing security, transportation, and communication service providers.
- Proven ability to communicate effectively in cross-cultural settings.
- Highly skilled in using Microsoft Office Suite of programs to include Word, Excel and Power Point.
- TEAMWORK: Works cooperatively and effectively with others to achieve common goals. Participates in building a culture characterized by inclusion, trust and commitment.
- COMMUNICATION: Effectively conveys information and expresses thoughts professionally. Demonstrates effective use of listening skills and displays openness to other people's ideas and thoughts.
- ADAPTABILITY: Adjusts planned work by gathering relevant information and applying critical thinking to address multiple demands and competing priorities in a changing environment.
- CUSTOMER/CLIENT FOCUSED: Anticipates, monitors and meets the needs of customers and responds to them in an appropriate and responsive manner.
- DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION: Conveys respect for diverse individuals and perspectives; models inclusive behavior and treats everyone fairly.
- PROFESSIONALISM: Displays appropriate and ethical behavior, integrity and personal presentation in the workplace always; demonstrates respectful communication for others, both verbal and non-verbal.
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
DT Global, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, gender identity, or national origin. DT Global, LLC prohibits discriminating against employees and job applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose the compensation of the employee or applicant or another employee or applicant.