DAI is an international development company. For more than 45 years, we have worked on the frontlines of international development, tackling fundamental social and economic development problems caused by inefficient markets, ineffective governance, and instability. Currently, DAI is delivering results that matter in some 80 countries. Our development solutions turn ideas into impact by bringing together fresh combinations of expertise and innovation across multiple disciplines. Our clients include international development agencies, international lending institutions, private corporations and philanthropies, and national governments.
Duration - 13 Months
To provide high quality, proactive and efficient logistics support to the projects team, maintain appropriate systems and processes to support the effective delivery of projects. The logistics officer is expected to develop collaborative relationships with other project staff, interact with internal and external clients and partners, and bring innovative ideas, methodologies and approaches to procurement/logistic problems associated with AMR and infectious disease surveillance to the Deputy team lead. The logistics officer will work closely with the procurement TA on the project, reporting to the Deputy Team Lead on procurements of equipment’s/consumables/reagents for laboratory strengthening in line with DAI’s policies.
The Logistics Officer will support the Procurement TA to carry-out the following.
- Develop, execute and oversee logistics and distribution strategy.
- Responsible for aligning regional logistics strategy with all functional departments and stakeholders.
- Responsible for all logistics and transportation.
- Deliver superior customer satisfaction by focusing on quality, service and cost.
- Establish and oversee the implementation of systems, initiatives, and processes that deliver superior customer service, lower distribution and logistics cost, and enable working capital improvements.
- Develop and monitor logistics and distribution key performance indicators and processes.
- Ensure that ordered requests for commodities from Health facilities are promptly processed.
- Ensure an effective Inventory Management System for commodities at the health facilities.
- Report feedback to facilities where data are generated from, to ensure the improvement of the facility performance.
- Conduct routine monitoring visits to HF to provide technical support and capacity building for staff of the sites.
- Monitoring and coordinating quality assurance processes for the supply chain of all commodities.
- Coordinate and monitor supply chain operations.
- Ensure premises, assets and communication ways are used effectively.
- Keep logs and records of warehouse stock, executed orders etc.
- Monitor and ensure an effective Inventory Management System for commodities at the health facilities.
- Prepare accurate reports for management.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- 5-7 years middle level procurement/logistics expert.
- Experience working with government particularly the Ministry of Health/Agriculture/Environment and international non-governmental organizations, or bi- and multi-lateral agencies or UN agencies is a clear advantage.
- Knowledge of the Nigeria public health sector/ environment/Agriculture is an added advantage.
- Good experience in laboratory systems and diagnostic microbiology.
- Experience in inventory management systems for commodities, disease surveillance and quality assurance within low and middle-income countries.
- Ability to communicate and coordinate with government, and national and international non-government stakeholders, and UN agencies.
- Demonstrate the ability to work under short timelines and deliver with quality.
- Ability to work efficiently and effectively in an IT environment.
- Strong coordination, communication, and interpersonal aptitudes.
- Fluency in English.
- Strong technical report writing skills.
- Sensitivity to cultural differences and understanding of the ethical issues surrounding surveillance in Nigeria.
This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties.
HOW TO APPLY
Qualified candidates should apply using the position as subject of the email by visiting the Careers page at www.dai.com on or before 24th July 2020. DAI will only contact candidates that are successful at this pre -qualification stage.
More information about DAI can be found on the DAI website; www.dai.com