DAI is an international development company. For more than 45 years, we have worked on the frontlines of international development, tackling fundamental social and economic development problems caused by inefficient markets, ineffective governance, and instability. Currently, DAI is delivering results that matter in some 80 countries. Our development solutions turn ideas into impact by bringing together fresh combinations of expertise and innovation across multiple disciplines. Our clients include international development agencies, international lending institutions, private corporations and philanthropies, and national governments.
Start date: October 2020
End date: March 2021
Status: Part time
Based in: Guadalajara, Jalisco
Prosperity Fund Mexico - Energy Strand
Funded by the UK Foreign, Commonwealth & Development Office, the objective of the Prosperity Fund Energy Programme (PFEP) is to support Mexico’s efforts to increase productivity and reduce poverty by addressing key market failures in the energy sector.
The Programme aims to support the consolidation of a solid and stable energy market that drives economic growth as well as increase access to energy services through lower electricity prices and creating formal employment opportunities to reduce poverty levels. The Programme aims to do this by matching UK capabilities with the identified market failures through capacity building and sharing best practice within the workforce, businesses and regulatory institutions. The Programme’s planned Interventions aim to deliver more productive and resilient men and women, businesses and government officials that support Mexico’s transition to a low carbon economy.
DAI is looking for an expert consultant to conduct a mapping exercise of relevant stakeholders for the objectives of the Programme. Particularly, the consultant should be able research, provide insight and prepare reports on potential allies and partnerships for the Programme in Jalisco. Activities also include the elaboration of an assessment of capabilities and alignment of institutions to the Programme and its interventions.
Under the supervision of the Team Leader:
- Provide an assessment of relevant academic institutions and other formal and prestigious organizations with representation in Guadalajara and along the Jalisco state.
- Present research of success models of collaboration among different organizations, particularly on training of workforce and SMEs in the State of Jalisco.
- Build relationships at the state, regional and municipality levels to achieve the necessary buy-ins for the Programme’s planned activities.
- Identify new business opportunities to improve the interventions offered by the Programme.
- Asses collaboration alternatives considering Programme objectives of moving towards a low-carbon economy and gender & inclusion mainstreaming.
- Work closely with the Programme Point of Contact in Jalisco to map stakeholders, develop collaborative relationships and coordinate activities.
- Work with other team members to draft report of activities and milestone deliverables.
- With the other team members, nurture and maintain team spirit and a collegial working environment that reflects DAI’s core principals of integrity, responsibility, excellence and global citizenship.
- Comply with DAI ethics, safeguarding and security policies and procedures.
- One initial presentation with information related to these ToR to define the scope of work.
- Frequent reports and presentations, per request, to discuss findings.
- One final report with recommendations having in mind EPI pillars, MREL methodology and
- At least five years of relevant experience in the academic and social inclusion sectors of Jalisco.
- At least five years of relevant experience in developing workforce development and SME capacity building projects and/or collaborative activities within Jalisco.
- Knowledge on mapping stakeholders, particularly academic institutions and other relevant organizations in Jalisco.
- Experience in sustainable development and gender & inclusion mainstreaming will be relevant.
- This contract will be temporary, and payment will be defined by hours worked to fulfil objectives.
Closing date- 23rd October