JW Marriott Savannah offers a work experience unlike any other—where pursuing your passion is not only welcomed, it’s actively encouraged. We’re seeking over 700 new associates (aka Grand Performers) to fill positions in entertainment, hospitality and other specialty services at Plant Riverside District.
Purpose / Objective
This position is primarily responsible for ensuring clean and orderly attractive rooms and public space in the hotel and maintaining high cleanliness standards that are inspected on a daily basis.
- Housekeeping Supervisor
- Housekeeping Inspector
- Public Area Attendant
- Room Attendant
Essential Functions / Responsibilities / Tasks
Primary duties, responsibilities, and tasks include, but are not limited to the following:
- Obtains list of vacant rooms which need to be cleaned immediately and list of prospective check outs in order to prepare work assignments
- Assigns workers their duties, and inspects work for conformance to prescribed standards of cleanliness
- Advises manager or desk clerk of rooms ready for occupancy
- Inventories stock to ensure adequate supplies
- Issues supplies and equipment to workers
- Investigates complaints regarding housekeeping service and equipment, and assists manager with corrective action.
- Examines rooms, halls, and lobbies to determine need for repairs or replacement of furniture or equipment, and makes recommendations to management
- Conducts orientation training of new employees to explain company policies, housekeeping work procedures, and to demonstrate use and maintenance of equipment
- Attends training seminars to perfect housekeeping techniques and procedures, and enhance supervisory skills
- Records data concerning work assignments, Grand Performer actions, and time records, and prepares periodic reports
- Attends periodic staff meetings with other department heads to discuss company policies and guest complaints, and to make recommendations to improve service and ensure more efficient operation
- Assists manager in preparing reports concerning room occupancy, payroll expenses, and department expenses
Minimum Qualifications (Education, License, Certifications, Experience)
- High school diploma or General Education Degree - required
- Minimum 1-year certificate from college or technical school; OR 1-year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 1-year Housekeeping Supervisory or related industry experience – preferred
- Experience within luxury brand/markets - preferred
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSA’s)
- Ability to perform all tasks at the front desk and proficiently use job-related software and property management programs
- Possess strong oral, written and interpersonal skills as well as the ability to effectively communicate in the English language
- Ability to remain calm in various situations and use sound judgment
- Possess a guest service demeanor and outgoing personality with the ability to relate to diverse guests
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules and procedural manuals
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task
- Ability to lead a team, including inspiring, coaching and training subordinates to effectively perform tasks
- While performing the duties of this job, the incumbent is regularly required to stand, sit, stoop, bend, walk and crouch
- Push, pull, and lift up to 40lbs without assistance
- Reach with hands and arms, use fingers to handle or feel
- Hear and communicate in the English language
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- The majority of time will be spent indoors
- Must be comfortable working in a shared space, with constant noise, without the use of a private office.
- Overtime is frequently required with or without notice.
- Schedules may vary from week to week based on business demands
- Regularly exposed to wet and/or humid conditions (non-weather); working near moving mechanical parts; fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals and risk of electrical shock. The employee is
- Frequently exposed to vibration. The employee is
- Occasionally exposed to; outdoor weather conditions; extreme cold (non-weather) and extreme heat (non-weather).
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.