Purpose / Objective
The Food and Beverage Administrative Assistant’s primary responsibility is to provide administrative support to the Food and Beverage Director and Assistant Food and Beverage Director by proactively communicating, responding to questions and requests, solving problems, providing information, maintaining and organizing data, and protecting the integrity of all parties. They are to demonstrate Kessler Values of Teamwork, Integrity, Profitability, Enriching and Relentless as well as Service Standards at all times with guests and staff to ensure a positive experience.
Essential Functions / Responsibilities / Tasks
Primary duties, responsibilities, and tasks include, but are not limited to the following:
- Conducts themselves in a highly ethical and professional manner maintaining confidentiality and protecting the integrity of the Kessler Collection.
- Maintains confidentiality and security of hotel and Grand Performer information, correspondence, reports and files.
- Provides timely communication and promotes positive relations with Grand Performers, Guests and Vendors.
- Prepares and sends correspondence as required by Food and Beverage Director and Assistant Food and Beverage Director; receive and distribute correspondence to appropriate personnel.
- Prepares correspondence, memos and reports as assigned according to hotel standards.
- Ensures appropriate follow up with Food and Beverage Director and Assistant Food and Beverage Director
- Maintains complete knowledge in the use of all office equipment, computers and manual systems.
- Maintains complete knowledge and complies with all hotel and department policies and procedures.
- Displays a professional and organized work station, maintaining cleanliness throughout shift.
- Completes supply requisitions and submits to Food and Beverage Director; stocks office supplies upon receipt.
- Answers telephone within 3 rings and records messages legibly and completely using correct salutations and telephone etiquette.
- Makes telephone calls to specified individuals as requested by the Food and Beverage Director and Assistant Food and Beverage Director.
- Greets all individuals arriving at Food and Beverage offices courteously and assists with their needs.
- Maintains filing and filing procedures.
- Codes invoices in accounting system.
- Forwards all guest comment cards and GSS surveys to the Food and Beverage Director and Assistant Food and Beverage Director; prepares response letters and follows up as requested per standard procedures.
- Assists with recruitment and other related tasks assigned by Food and Beverage Director and Assistant Food and Beverage Director in assistance with the HR team on a daily, weekly and monthly basis.
- Assists with the Food and Beverage payroll.
- Assists with the Food and Beverage daily, weekly and monthly reports.
- Act as liaison between the food and beverage department and Kessler Corporate Marketing as well as the JW Marketing team.
- Works with Food and Beverage Director and Assistant Food and Beverage Director to coordinate and organize scheduling of appointments and meetings.
- Creates and updates all Food and Beverage documents. Communicating to the team any changes or new Standard Operating Procedures.
- As requested, assists with tasks given by the Executive Chef and Executive Sous Chef.
Minimum Qualifications (Education, License, Certifications, Experience)
- Degree in business or equivalent combination of education and experience - required
- 1+ years of Adminstrative Assistant or similar experience – required
- Hospitality industry experience - required
- Food and Beverage experience – highly preferred
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSA’s)
- Proven experience providing effective written, verbal, and interpersonal communication
- Comprehensive knowledge of Microsoft Office software including, but not limited to Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Ability to create, update and distribute routine reports and correspondence
- Ability to speak effectively and professionally with individuals or groups inside and outside of the organization
- Proven ability to prioritize, organize, and act efficiently and with urgency
- Proven ability to manage multiple priorities and tasks at any given time
- While performing the duties of this job, the incumbent is regularly required to sit, stoop, bend and crouch
- Push, pull, and lift up to 25lbs
- Reach with hands and arms, use fingers to handle or feel
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust and focus
- While performing the duties of this job, the incumbent is required to speak and hear
Work Environment / Conditions
- Must be comfortable working in shared spaces
- Must be able to cope with frequent changing priorities and deadlines with a high degree of optimism, professionalism & collaboration
- The majority of time will be spent indoors