The Gallery Sales Associate is responsible for executing sales to achieve budget, maintains client communications & follow through, expands gallery mailing list, and maintains gallery atmosphere. In addition, the Gallery Sales Associate also supports the Gallery Director with additional gallery projects to include assisting with inventory maintenance, merchandising/restocking, execution of the gallery exhibitions and special events, maintenance of gallery information/files and systems, and contributing to the vision and mission of the gallery.
· Passion and Knowledgeable about Art
· Strong Sales and Communication Skills
· Efficient and Organized
· Display Merchandising Skills Desired
· Inventory Control Experience Desired
· Computer Proficiency (Microsoft Office Outlook, Word, Excel)/ Must be able to learn and adapt to gallery systems and required technology
· Lifting is Required/ Able to Climb Ladders
· Engaging/ Great Attitude/ Motivated Team Player
· Flexible Schedule (Able to work nights, weekends and holidays)
Sales & Marketing:
- Know gallery budgets/goals and achieve personal sales goal set each month (Review sales goals & sales tracking graphs with Gallery Director)
- Cultivate gallery data base-refine/grow/utilize (constant ongoing development and updating of gallery mailing list)
- Maintains communication and builds upon client relationships/follow up with clients (Emails, Thank you, Personal Calls)
- Prepares sales and marketing presentations to clients via email or mail (corresponds with clients to keep generating sales, via emailing photos, mailing of brochures or color copies, etc).
- Develop sales opportunities with hotel guests, industry, corporate and community patrons to promote Kessler Collection artists and programs
Administrative & Inventory Support
- Assist with the management and administration of specialized gallery
- Databases (Spinnoft), photo files, both electronic and hard copies of artist files, daily sales & tracking records
- Inventory Management
- Know the inventory (Know the vendor/artist & who/what is consigned vs owned)
- Assist with accurate month end physical inventory counts; physically counting/touching each piece to verify if information on tag (title/description/price/inventory #) and in system is correctly. Accuracy is required, there are no short cuts.
- Assists Gallery Director with compiling information to reconcile transfers, RTA’s (Return to Artists), and damages as they occur Assists Gallery Director (as directed) with receiving new art/merchandise in timely fashion (Note: Process for receiving merchandise; physically check in and verify invoice/GD to sign off & submit invoice for payment to controller/file invoice in gallery files/Each item MUST be tagged correctly before displaying or storing)
- Assists with restocking and merchandising of gallery inventory
- Assists with the tagging of all merchandise (art cards, jewelry tags, etc)
- Assists with maintaining daily correspondence from the gallery to patrons
- Communicates with artists/vendors only with Gallery Director approval/direction
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned
- Gallery atmosphere is to be maintained at all times; lights are to be on high, music on, glass cleaned, dusting to be done daily (all shelves, picture frames, etc), vacuuming/sweeping as needed but at least twice per week before or after business hours, and ongoing jewelry polishing (weekly/daily if necessary).
- Gallery attire: Professional attire (refer to employee handbook or HR); gallery jewelry to be modeled during each shift to help sell the work (plan wardrobe accordingly).
This job description is not an exclusive or exhaustive list of all job functions that an incumbent/Grand Performer in this position may be asked to perform.