Purpose / Objective
The overall objective and purpose of the Stewarding Supervisor position is to supervise, train and inspect the performance of assigned stewarding staff, ensuring that all procedures are completed to the hotel’s standards. The incumbent is responsible to assist where necessary to ensure optimum service to guests. They are to provide the highest level of service in support of the mission, core values, standards and goals established by the company.
Areas of Responsibility
Primary areas of responsibility include, but are not limited to the following:
- Prepare and distribute assignments for Stewarding staff and review priorities.
- Communicate additions or changes to the assignment sheets as they arise throughout the shift. Identify situations which compromise the department's standards and delegate these tasks.
- Check supply levels in storage closets. Complete requisition for additional supplies needed and submit to manager.
- Check workstations for proper supplies, organization, cleanliness and mechanical problems.
- Observe staff performance of job functions and ensure all procedures are completed to departmental standards.
- Review kitchen and restaurant service needs from Stewarding throughout the shift and ensure that all requirements are met according to specifications.
- Monitor all work areas for compliance with state health regulations and hotel requirements; follow through on any violation.
- Monitor and ensure that all temperature and chemical solution requirements are met with regard to dishwashing, pot washing and storage.
- Monitor and maintain pest control requirements in accordance with hotel standards.
- Coordinate and assist with banquet function requirements as assigned.
- Assist Stewarding Staff with their job functions where needed to ensure optimum cleanliness and service standards.
- Complete work orders for maintenance repairs and submit to Engineering. Contact Engineering directly for urgent repairs.
- Accommodate requests for additional wares expediently and courteously. Follow up on delivery of all such items.
- Complete all paperwork and closing duties before leaving. Review status of assignments and any follow-up action with manager and/or on-coming supervisor.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSA’s)
To perform this role successfully, an individual must have experience achieving desired result(s) in their areas of responsibility. The requirements listed below are representative of observable behaviors and essential knowledge, skill, and abilities required of a successful incumbent.
- Strategic business leader - Works strategically to devise plans in alignment with organizational goals.
- Cultivates engagement - Builds loyalty to the company and not to themselves. Proven ability to host/facilitate effective meetings, motivate teams to produce results with tight timeframes while simultaneously managing several projects.
- Generates alignment - Ensures proper time and effort is spent to build high level performance and consistency throughout collection.
- Leads with courage - Provides a culture of accountability.
- Execution of plans - Utilizes our systems, tools and resources to accomplish results and achieve goals.
- Must possess excellent computer skills, including Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Requires good communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to respond promptly to customer needs.
- Excellent guest service and interpersonal skills with the ability to relate to diverse guest types.
- Ability to prioritize and maintain multiple tables at a time.
- Knowledge of proper chemical handling.
Supervisory and leadership responsibilities include achieving results through providing direction and accountability of the following Grand Performers within the culture and policies established by the Kessler Collection.
To perform this role successfully, an individual must cultivate successful relationships with the following individuals to achieve alignment and support.
- Property Culinary Team
- Property Food and Beverage Team
Education, Certifications, Work Experience:
- High School diploma - required
- 3 years’ experience in food service janitorial position - required
- Experience within luxury brand/markets – preferred
Work Environment / Conditions
The work environment/conditions described herein are representative of those that an incumbent may experience.
- Must be comfortable working in a shared space, with constant noise, without the use of a private office.
- Must be able to cope with frequent changing priorities and deadlines with a high degree of optimism, professionalism & collaboration.
- Schedules may vary from week to week based on business demands in excess of 40 hours with or without notice.
- Must be able to work safely in a kitchen environment with high temperatures and humidity
The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an incumbent to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. *Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions & physical demands of this role.
- While performing the duties of this job, the incumbent is regularly required to move 10lbs on a daily basis.
- Push, pull, and lift up to 50lbs on a weekly basis.
- While performing the duties of this job, the incumbent is regularly required to travel by foot, car, bus, airplane or other means of transportation which require sitting, waiting and standing for long and short periods of time.