Objective / Purpose
The overall objective and purpose of the Public Area Attendant position is to maintain the cleanliness of public areas. The incumbent is responsible for cleaning public restrooms, dusting, vacuuming emptying trash and keeping the public areas neat and tidy. They are to provide the highest level of service in support of the mission, core values, standards and goals established by the company.
Essential Functions / Tasks
Primary responsibilities and tasks include, but are not limited to the following:
- Greet and interact with internal and external guests in a genuine warm and friendly manner using professional and Kessler standard nomenclature
- Maintain the integrity of the guests’ privacy, including confidentiality of personal information and key control
- Maintain cleanliness of public areas to include but not limited to, furniture, fixtures, artwork, baseboards, window sills, floors, rugs, carpet, sinks, toilets and mirrors
- Place items, to include but not limited to, furniture, throws, pillows, bathroom supplies and amenities in proper location and to the specifications outlined in the standard operating procedures
- Clean public restrooms and maintain adequate supplies of products, to include but not limited to, toilet paper, soap lotions and paper towels
- Dust, vacuum, mop public areas, to include but not limited to, hallways, lobby, gallery, fitness center, spa meeting rooms and offices
- Use software program to communicate any deficiencies in public areas, to include but not limited to, remote controls, TVs, light bulbs, plumbing, soap dispensers and hand dryers.
- Work efficiently in order to meet daily requirements
- Respond promptly to questions, concerns and special requests. Follow-up to ensure the guest is satisfied
- Solve problems proficiently
- Secure lost items according to the specifications outlined in the standard operating procedure
- Maintain a neat and organized work area
- Maintain the integrity of Company proprietary information and protect Company assets
- Maintain complete knowledge in the use of equipment and property management systems and access according to specifications
- Maintain complete knowledge and comply with company policies and procedures
- Maintain neat, clean and professional appearance according to standards
- Follow all company safety and security policies and procedures. Report accidents, injuries and unsafe conditions
- Welcome and acknowledge guests with disabilities and follow proper procedures to accommodate needs.
- Develop and maintain positive working relationship and support the team to achieve our goals
- Attend required training and meetings
- All other duties as assigned, planned or un-planned
Knowledge / Skills / Abilities (KSA)
To perform this role successfully, an individual must have experience achieving desired result(s) in their areas of responsibility. The requirements listed below are representative of observable behaviors and essential knowledge, skill, and abilities required of a successful incumbent.
- Ability to perform all Public Area Attendant-related tasks and proficiently use job-related tools and equipment
- Ability to remain calm in various situations, use sound judgement and effectively solve problems
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules and procedural manuals
- Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to follow instructions, prioritize and multi-task
Education, License, Certifications, Experience
- High school diploma, General Education Degree or related training equivalent- required
- Minimum of 6 months of relevant work experience in similar scope and title – required
- Ability to communicate in the English language - preferred
Work Environment / Conditions
The work environment/conditions described herein are representative of those that an incumbent may experience.
- Must be comfortable working in a shared space, with constant noise, without the use of a private office.
- Must be able to cope with frequent changing priorities and deadlines with a high degree of optimism, professionalism & collaboration.
- Schedules may vary from week to week based on business demands in excess of or less than 40 hours with or without notice.
The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an incumbent to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the incumbent is regularly required to see, hear, reach, use fingers to handle and feel, stand, stoop, bend and crouch up to 8 hours on a daily basis.
- Push, pull, and lift up to 50 lbs.
- While performing the duties of this job, the incumbent is regularly required to travel by foot, car, bus, airplane or other means of transportation which require sitting, waiting and standing for long and short periods of time.