Purpose / Objective
The overall objective and purpose of the Bar Manager is to provide leadership and management for the Food & Beverage Division, specifically for Electric Moon Skytop Lounge and the Moon Deck, and integrate its functions to serve local F&B and hotel guests. This position oversees management, budget and operation of the food and beverage service establishment, and maintains a close liaison with the kitchen, catering sales department and property operations team to ensure maximum profitability.
Areas of Responsibility
Primary areas of responsibility include, but are not limited to the following:
- Oversees the day to day operations of the outlets service staff ensuring that the total guest experience is second to none.
- Monitor customer satisfaction through review of standardized feedback forms, as well as by spending time with the guests and ensuring their needs are being met and expectations exceeded.
- Participate in and submit accurate beverage and retail inventories on monthly basis per direction of hotel controller and Director of Food and Beverage.
- Participate in and submit accurate china glass and silverware inventory on quarterly basis per direction of hotel controller and Director of Food and Beverage.
- Assist in monitoring of revenue and expense forecasting in KHMS for responsible areas including all areas of the Food and Beverage operations.
- Supervises daily Bar operations, maintains sanitation standards and assists service staff on the floor during peak occupancy periods.
- Strives to continually improve guest and associates satisfaction and maximize the financial performance in areas of responsibility. Determines training needed to accomplish goals, then implements plan.
- Ensures corrective action is taken to continuously improve service results.
- Interviews, schedules, trains, develops, empowers, coaches and counsels, resolves problems, provides open communication, and recommends discipline when appropriate.
- Ensures compliance with all food & beverage policies, standards and procedures by training, supervising, follow-up and hands on management.
- Maintains service and sanitation standards in, bar/lounge areas.
- Estimates beverage consumption and purchases or requisitions beverage ingredients and supplies
- Create and implement promotional plans to drive business to Beverage Department; host local events to create charity and local business opportunities
- Displays leadership in guest hospitality, exemplifies excellent customer service and creates a positive atmosphere for guest relations.
- Ensures associates are in compliance with appearance standards.
- Conducts pre-shift meetings and monthly outlet meetings
- Ensure compliance with Marriott BSA Standards
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSA’s)
To perform this role successfully, an individual must have experience achieving desired result(s) in their areas of responsibility. The requirements listed below are representative of observable behaviors and essential knowledge, skill, and abilities required of a successful incumbent.
- Strategic business leader - Works strategically to devise plans in alignment with organizational goals.
- Cultivates engagement - Builds loyalty to the company and not to themselves. Proven ability to host/facilitate effective meetings, motivate teams to produce results with tight timeframes while simultaneously managing several projects.
- Generates alignment - Ensures proper time and effort is spent to build high level performance and consistency throughout collection.
- Leads with courage - Provides a culture of accountability.
- Execution of plans - Utilizes our systems, tools and resources to accomplish results and achieve goals.
- Knowledge of Database software; Internet software; Inventory software; Order processing systems; Spreadsheet software and Word Processing software.
- Must possess excellent computer skills, including Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Requires good communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to respond promptly to customer needs.
- Thorough knowledge of Food and Wine, as well as Beer, liquor and mixed drinks.
- Ability to maintain and build relationships with existing and potential clients as well as industry contacts
- Ability to understand and utilize a POS system
- Proficient in Open Table reservation system
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
To perform this role successfully, an individual must cultivate successful relationships with the following individuals to achieve alignment and support.
- Director of Food and Beverage
- Assistant Director of Food and Beverage
- Executive Chef
- Front Office Manager
- Director of Finance
Supervisory and leadership responsibilities include achieving results through providing direction and accountability of the following Grand Performers within the culture and policies established by the Kessler Collection.
- Assistant Food & Beverage Managers
- Food and Beverage Supervisors
Education, Certifications, Work Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or related training equivalent - required
- Minimum of 3-5 years experience in high volume night club, or similar F&B operations - require
- Experience within luxury brand/markets – required
- ServSafe food safety certification - preferred or attained within 30 days
- TIPS training certification - preferred or attained within 7 days
Work Environment / Conditions
The work environment/conditions described herein are representative of those that an incumbent may experience.
- Must be comfortable working in a shared space, with constant noise, without the use of a private office.
- Must be able to cope with frequent changing priorities and deadlines with a high degree of optimism, professionalism & collaboration.
- Schedules may vary from week to week based on business demands in excess of 40 hours with or without notice.
- Must be able to work safely in a kitchen environment with high temperatures and humidity
The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an incumbent to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. *Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions & physical demands of this role.
- While performing the duties of this job, the incumbent is regularly required to move 10lbs on a daily basis.
- Push, pull, and lift up to 50lbs on a weekly basis.
- While performing the duties of this job, the incumbent is regularly required to travel by foot, car, bus, airplane or other means of transportation which require sitting, waiting and standing for long and short periods of time.