Objective / Purpose / Summary
This position is responsible for designing and managing all graphic communications, both print and digital, to support marketing, sales and operations.
Essential Duties / Tasks / Responsibilities:
- Creates aesthetically pleasing designs, concepts and sample layouts based on art direction and brand guidelines for Marriott brand, Kessler brand and property brand.
- Collaborates with team on the creation, trafficking and archival of all print and electronic marketing to include web pages, brochures, logos, signs, ads, and other communication material.
- Assists with social media design and layout (e.g. FB and IG)
- Upload and adjust photos for appropriate marketing formats
- Uses layout design programs (such as Adobe InDesign, Photoshop, etc.) to develop templates to create new collateral
- Utilizes all aspects of the pre-press process to prepare files for offset and digital printing
Supervisory Responsibilities: No direct reports
Minimum Qualifications (Confirmable Formal Education, Certifications, Work/Industry Experience):
- Bachelor’s Degree required, Marketing, Communication or Graphic Design major preferred
- Minimum of three (3) years of work experience in Graphic Design or related field preferred
- Experience in Mac and Windows operating systems
- Excellent computer skills, including graphics solutions in Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe InDesign, HTML and Microsoft PowerPoint
- Strong communication skills
- Must be very organized and able to balance multiple projects
- Must be flexible, solution oriented
- Must be able to work in close environment with senior level executives
- Ability to work in a dynamic, matrix organization
- Excellent time management skills
- Must be willing to travel if necessary
- Must be able to read, write and communicate effectively in English
KSA’s (Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities to be discovered via interview & reference checks):
- Excellent time management and organization skills - Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments. Completes work in timely manner; Strives to increase productivity; Works quickly.
- Customer Service - Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits feedback to improve service.
- Interpersonal Skills - Listens to others without interrupting; Keeps emotions under control; Remains open to others' ideas and tries new things.
- Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens for clarification; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings.
- Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar;; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Technical Skills - Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; Pursues training and development opportunities; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; Shares expertise with others.
- Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Ethics - Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; Inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
- Motivation - Sets and achieves challenging goals; Demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles; Measures self against standard of excellence; Takes calculated risks to accomplish goals.
- Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Plans for additional resources; Develops realistic action plans.
- Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
- Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time; Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; Arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
- Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- Initiative - Volunteers readily; Undertakes self-development activities; Seeks increased responsibilities; Takes independent actions and calculated risks; Looks for and takes advantage of opportunities; Asks for and offers help when needed.
- Innovation - Displays original thinking and creativity; Meets challenges with resourcefulness; Generates suggestions for improving work; Develops innovative approaches and ideas; Presents ideas and information in a manner that gets others' attention.
- The majority of time will be spent in doors in class A office space.
- Candidate must be comfortable working in a shared space, with constant noise, without the use of a private office.
- Overtime is frequently required with or without notice.
- Schedules may vary from week to week based on business demands.
- This position frequently interacts with the Marketing department and is required to communicate within deadlines.
- While performing the duties of this job, the Grand Performer is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear, and reach with hands and arms.
- The Grand Performer is occasionally required to stand; walk; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and taste or smell.
- The Grand Performer must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
This job description is not an exclusive or exhaustive list of all job functions that an incumbent/Grand Performer in this position may be asked to perform. All Grand Performers are required to perform the essential functions and intended purpose of their role in a satisfactory manner within the Performance Standards, Guest Service Standards and Core Values of the company in effort to achieve the company’s mission.