Objective / Purpose
The overall objective and purpose of the Bellperson position is to provide hospitable service to our guests to include a seamless arrival and departure experience. The incumbent is responsible for greeting guests, opening doors, transporting luggage, providing information about the hotel, responding to guest requests, and directing guests. They are to provide the highest level of service in support of the mission, core values, standards and goals established by the company.
Essential Functions / Tasks
Primary responsibilities and tasks include, but are not limited to the following:
- Greet and interact with internal and external guests in a genuine warm and friendly manner using professional and Kessler standard nomenclature
- Maintain the integrity of the guests’ privacy, including confidentiality of personal information and key control
- Open doors for guests entering and exiting the building, provide directions and information
- Escort guests to their rooms upon check-in and explain the features of the hotel and guest room
- Transport luggage upon check-in and check-out, maintaining security of luggage and guest items
- Respond promptly to questions, concerns and special requests. Follow-up to ensure the guest is satisfied
- Communicate with departments using the proper equipment and etiquette
- Maintain knowledge of hotel amenities, features, and hours of operation
- Demonstrate effective sales techniques to upsell hotel’s amenities and products
- Maintain updated information regarding area attractions, local events, activities and services
- Operate the telephone system, answering calls within three (3) rings, using the correct salutation and telephone etiquette
- Log guest requests and concerns according to the standard operating procedure. Communicate with departments in a timely manner
- Solve problems proficiently
- Maintain a neat and organized work area
- Maintain cleanliness of the front drive, including sweeping, shoveling snow, and disposing of trash and debris
- Maintain the integrity of Company proprietary information and protect Company assets
- Maintain complete knowledge in the use of all office equipment , property management systems and access according to specifications
- Maintain complete knowledge and comply with company policies and procedures
- Maintain neat, clean and professional appearance according to standards
- Follow all company safety and security policies and procedures. Report accidents, injuries and unsafe conditions
- Welcome and acknowledge guests with disabilities and follow proper procedures to accommodate needs.
- Develop and maintain positive working relationship and support the team to achieve our goals
- Attend required training and meetings
- All other duties as assigned, planned or un-planned
Knowledge / Skills / Abilities (KSA)
To perform this role successfully, an individual must have experience achieving desired result(s) in their areas of responsibility. The requirements listed below are representative of observable behaviors and essential knowledge, skill, and abilities required of a successful incumbent.
- Ability to perform all bell-related tasks and proficiently use job-related software, property management systems and office equipment
- Ability to remain calm in various situations, use sound judgement and effectively solve problems
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules and procedural manuals
- Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal skills
Education, License, Certifications, Experience
- High school diploma or General Education degree - required
- Minimum of 6 months of relevant work experience in similar scope and title – required
- Experience within luxury brand/markets - required
- Student or graduate of hotel management – preferred
- Knowledge of local area - preferred
Work Environment / Conditions
The work environment/conditions described herein are representative of those that an incumbent may experience.
- Must be comfortable working in a shared space, with constant noise, without the use of a private office, as well as working in inclement weather conditions
- Must be able to cope with frequent changing priorities and deadlines with a high degree of optimism, professionalism & collaboration.
- Schedules may vary from week to week based on business demands in excess or less than 40 hours with or without notice.
The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an incumbent to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the incumbent is regularly required to see, hear, reach, use fingers to handle and feel, stoop, bend, crouch, and stand up to 8 hours on a daily basis.
- Push, pull, and lift up to 50 lbs.
- While performing the duties of this job, the incumbent is regularly required to travel by foot, car, bus, airplane or other means of transportation which require sitting, waiting and standing for long and short periods of time.
This job description is not an exclusive or exhaustive list of all job functions that an incumbent/Grand Performer in this position may be asked to perform. All Grand Performers are required to perform the essential functions, physical demands and intended purpose of their role in a satisfactory manner within the Performance Standards, Intuitive Service Standards and Core Values of the company in effort to achieve the company’s mission and uphold the company culture. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions & physical demands of this role. Kessler Collection is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Kessler Collection does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.