Purpose / Objective
The overall objective and purpose of the Engineering Supervisor is to assist the Chief Engineer in coordinating, supervising and directing all engineering/maintenance operations, including maintaining the building, grounds, and physical plant with particular attention towards safety, security, and asset protection.
Areas of Responsibility
Primary areas of responsibility include, but are not limited to the following:
- Monitors and maintains the physical plant including equipment, refrigeration, HVAC, plumbing, water treatment, electrical and life safety systems
- Supervises day to day operations of Engineering staff
- Ability to perform preventative and corrective maintenance through-out the hotels up to and including guestrooms, public spaces and all related hotels equipment and systems.
- Ensure that equipment is operating at optimum effectiveness, efficiency, and safety.
- Assist Chief Engineer develops and maintains a weekly work schedule to ensure proper engineering coverage.
- Assist Chief Engineer by providing reports on the status of project milestones and adjusts schedules accordingly.
- Assist Chief Engineer control expenditures within limitations of budget.
- Establishes and maintains open, collaborative relationships with Grand Performers and other department leaders.
- Supervises Grand Performers’ ability to execute department and hotel emergency procedures.
- Assist Chief Engineer manage an effective equipment, guestroom, hotel wide preventative maintenance program.
- Assist Chief Engineer maintain regulatory compliance to facility regulations and safety standards.
- Maintains accurate logs, brand related reports, energy related reports as records as required.
- Ensures disciplinary procedures and documentation are completed according to the Progressive Discipline Policy.
- Preforms weekly inspections to evaluate the physical condition of facilities in order to determine the type of work required.
- Selects and orders or purchases new equipment, supplies, and furnishings.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSA’s)
To perform this role successfully, an individual must have experience achieving desired result(s) in their areas of responsibility. The requirements listed below are representative of observable behaviors and essential knowledge, skill, and abilities required of a successful incumbent.
- Strategic business leader - Works strategically to devise plans in alignment with organizational goals.
- Cultivates engagement - Builds loyalty to the company and not to themselves. Proven ability to host/facilitate effective meetings, motivate teams to produce results with tight timeframes while simultaneously managing several projects.
- Generates alignment - Ensures proper time and effort is spent to build high level performance and consistency throughout collection.
- Leads with courage - Provides a culture of accountability.
- Execution of plans - Utilizes our systems, tools and resources to accomplish results and achieve goals
- Strong level of written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to implement and uphold service standards
- Ability to prioritize and organize work assignments
- Ability to work well in stressful, high-pressure situations
- Comprehensive knowledge of a safe work environment.
To perform this role successfully, an individual must cultivate successful relationships with the following individuals to achieve alignment and support.
- Chief Engineer
- Engineering Manager
- Engineering Supervisor
- Property OPS Leadership team
Supervisory and leadership responsibilities include achieving results through providing direction and accountability of the following Grand Performers within the culture and policies established by the Kessler Collection.
Education, Certifications, Work Experience:
- High School diploma – required
- 2+ years of relevant work experience in similar scope and title – required
- Experience within luxury brand/markets – required
- Trade related certifications – preferred
Work Environment / Conditions
The work environment/conditions described herein are representative of those that an incumbent may experience.
- Must be comfortable working in a shared space, with constant noise, without the use of a private office.
- Must be able to cope with frequent changing priorities and deadlines with a high degree of optimism, professionalism & collaboration.
- Schedules may vary from week to week based on business demands in excess of 40 hours with or without notice.
The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an incumbent to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. *Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions & physical demands of this role.
- While performing the duties of this job, the incumbent is regularly required to move 10lbs on a daily basis.
- Push, pull, and lift up to 50lbs on a weekly basis.
- While performing the duties of this job, the incumbent is regularly required to travel by foot, car, bus, airplane or other means of transportation which require sitting, waiting and standing for long and short periods of time.