Objective / Purpose
The overall objective and purpose of the Overnight Supervisor is to support our mission by leading the team in executing front desk related responsibilities to the Kessler Collection standards. This includes relentlessly inspiring, coaching and training staff to exceed our guests’ expectations.
Areas of Responsibility (AOR)
Primary areas of responsibility include, but are not limited to the following:
- Supervise Front Office Grand Performers, ensuring the execution of KQA and BSA standards.
- Provide hands- on training and continuous coaching to subordinates, supervising the execution of service related tasks to assist in the efficient and professional operation of the Front Office.
- Maintain the integrity of our guests’ privacy, including confidentiality of personal information, as well as key control
- Maintain complete knowledge and ensure compliance of company policies and standard operating procedures.
- Plan and organize daily shifts. Effectively delegate tasks and responsibilities to subordinates, audit work for accuracy and monitor outcomes
- Ability to perform all Front Office related tasks
- Train, mentor, and develop Grand Performers to the standards of a world class property and intuitive service experience. Assist in developing leaders and bench strength through the implementation of the Job Coach program
- Have a thorough knowledge of product, including room types, amenities, services and brand standards
- Stay informed of sales strategies, packages, promotions and discounts, and understand the impact on other departments
- Conduct interviews and give feedback on candidates.
- Assists with corrective action to continuously improve service results.
Knowledge / Skills / Abilities (KSA)
To perform this role successfully, an individual must have experience achieving desired result(s) in their areas of responsibility. The requirements listed below are representative of observable behaviors and essential knowledge, skill, and abilities required of a successful incumbent.
- Strategic business leader - Works strategically to devise plans in alignment with organizational goals.
- Cultivates engagement - Builds loyalty to the company and not to themselves. Proven ability to host/facilitate effective meetings, motivate teams to produce results with tight timeframes while simultaneously managing several projects.
- Generates alignment - Ensures proper time and effort is spent to build high level performance and consistency throughout collection.
- Leads with courage - Provides a culture of accountability.
- Execution of plans - Utilizes our systems, tools and resources to accomplish results and achieve goals
- Advanced level of written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to implement and uphold service standards
- Ability to prioritize and organize work assignments
- Ability to work well in stressful, high-pressure situations
- Comprehensive knowledge of a safe work environment
Supervisory and leadership responsibilities include achieving results through providing direction and accountability of the following Grand Performers within the culture and policies established by the Kessler Collection.
- Front Desk Agents
- Telephone Operators
Standards & Culture
Individuals must serve as a cultural ambassador by upholding and promoting our standards.
Image & Presence: Bohemian. Our team is sophisticated and purposeful in their communication and body language
- 50% Classical European, 35% Colorful Gypsy Lifestyle, 15% Funky California Free Spirit
Service: Intuitive. Our team inspires the guest (and Grand Performer) experience with warmth and deliberate elegance.
- Greet, Undivided Attention, Enthusiastic Response, Smile, Thank You
- Listen, Empathize & Apologize, Accept Responsibility, Do Something About it, Exceed Expectations, Recover Loyalty
Performance: Extraordinary. Our team rises to outperform and consistently beat our best for even better.
- Build loyalty to the company and not yourself
- Enhance property/company perception by both community and Grand Performers
- Align yourself with the company and lead others to do the same
- Collaborate effectively to accomplish goals and achieve results across departments and property locations
- Actively participate in meetings and shares ideas to determine the right course of action
- Foster a climate where individuals are committed to partnering and asking for help when needed
- Enthusiastically share knowledge, experience and talent with others
- Suggest methods for improving productivity and product quality
- Prepared and punctual for all meetings
- Conducts business and complete tasks according to Standard Operating Procedures
- Utilize required systems, equipment and resources
- Increase revenue/productivity while keeping costs within budget
- Prioritize urgent/vital tasks in order to meet set deadlines
- Improve professional competency and property/location performance
- Accept responsibility for actions and/or inactions
- Self-aware, solicit and embrace feedback
- Communicate feedback openly and respectfully
To perform this role successfully, an individual must cultivate successful relationships with the following individuals to achieve alignment and support.
- Property Leadership Front Office Team
Education, License, Certifications, Experience
- High school diploma or General Education Degree – required
- 1+ years of relevant work experience in similar scope and title – required
- Experience within luxury brand/markets – required
- Experience with Opera – preferred
Work Environment / Conditions
The work environment/conditions described herein are representative of those that an incumbent may experience.
- Must be comfortable working in a shared space, with constant noise, without the use of a private office.
- Must be able to cope with frequent changing priorities and deadlines with a high degree of optimism, professionalism & collaboration.
- Schedules may vary from week to week based on business demands in excess of or less than 40 hours with or without notice.
The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an incumbent to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the incumbent is regularly required to move 10lbs on a daily basis.
- Push, pull, and lift up to 50lbs on a weekly basis.
- While performing the duties of this job, the incumbent is regularly required to travel by foot, car, bus, airplane or other means of transportation which require sitting, waiting and standing for long and short periods of time.