Purpose / Objective
The overall objective and purpose of the Food and Beverage Supervisor is to oversee for the floor coverage in the outlets and assisting the serving staff in the restaurant, lounge and in-room dining/pool service. The incumbent is responsible for supervising Food and Beverage outlets, ensuring our guests receive the ultimate dining experience. They are to provide inspiring and strategic leadership while directing the activities of the Food and Beverage department in support of the mission, core values and goals established by the company.
Areas of Responsibility
Primary areas of responsibility include, but are not limited to the following:
- Supervises daily shift operations.
- Ensures associates are in compliance with appearance standards.
- Schedules dining reservations and arranges parties or special services for diners.
- Inspects kitchen and dining areas and kitchen utensils and equipment to ensure sanitary standards are met.
- Requisitions and inspects food, supplies, and equipment to maintain stock levels and ensure standards of quality are met.
- Ensures compliance with all food & beverage policies, standards and procedures.
- Maintains service and sanitation standards in restaurant, bar/lounge and room service areas.
- Acts as the guest service role model for the restaurant, sets a good example of excellent customer service and creates a positive atmosphere for guest relations.
- Assists servers on the floor during meal periods.
- Empowers Grand Performers to provide excellent customer service.
- Ensures staff understands local, state and Federal liquor laws.
- Monitors alcohol beverage service in compliance with local laws.
- Ensures point of sale operations and cash handling practices are following according to standard operating procedures.
- Edits work schedules and evaluates work performance of employees.
- Assigns and coordinates work of employees to promote efficiency of operations.
- Ensures and Maintains the cleanliness of Food and Beverage outlets before, during and after service.
- Ensures associates are taking proper breaks in compliance with the Kessler Collection SOP and federal and local laws.
- Ensure compliance with Marriott BSA Standards
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSA’s)
To perform this role successfully, an individual must have experience achieving desired result(s) in their areas of responsibility. The requirements listed below are representative of observable behaviors and essential knowledge, skill, and abilities required of a successful incumbent.
- Strategic business leader - Works strategically to devise plans in alignment with organizational goals.
- Cultivates engagement - Builds loyalty to the company and not to themselves. Proven ability to host/facilitate effective meetings, motivate teams to produce results with tight timeframes while simultaneously managing several projects.
- Generates alignment - Ensures proper time and effort is spent to build high level performance and consistency throughout collection.
- Leads with courage - Provides a culture of accountability.
- Execution of plans - Utilizes our systems, tools and resources to accomplish results and achieve goals.
- Must possess excellent computer skills, including Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Requires good communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to respond promptly to customer needs.
- Excellent guest service and interpersonal skills with the ability to relate to diverse guest types.
- Ability to prioritize and maintain multiple tables at a time.
Supervisory and leadership responsibilities include achieving results through providing direction and accountability of the following Grand Performers within the culture and policies established by the Kessler Collection.
- Shift supervision of all restaurant, lounge, Café, IRD, and pool serving staff
- Restaurant Manager on Duty in absence of F&B Director, Outlet Manager or Restaurant Manager.
Performance: Extraordinary. Our team rises to outperform and consistently beat our best for even better.
- Build loyalty to the company and not yourself
- Enhance property/company perception by both community and Grand Performers
- Align yourself with the company and lead others to do the same
- Collaborate effectively to accomplish goals and achieve results across departments and property locations
- Actively participate in meetings and shares ideas to determine the right course of action
- Foster a climate where individuals are committed to partnering and asking for help when needed
- Enthusiastically share knowledge, experience and talent with others
- Suggest methods for improving productivity and product quality
- Prepared and punctual for all meetings
- Conducts business and complete tasks according to Standard Operating Procedures
- Utilize required systems, equipment and resources
- Increase revenue/productivity while keeping costs within budget
- Prioritize urgent/vital tasks in order to meet set deadlines
- Improve professional competency and property/location performance
- Accept responsibility for actions and/or inactions
- Self-aware, solicit and embrace feedback
- Communicate feedback openly and respectfully
To perform this role successfully, an individual must cultivate successful relationships with the following individuals to achieve alignment and support.
- Property F&B Management team
- Property Culinary team
Education, Certifications, Work Experience:
- High School diploma - required
- 1+ years of relevant work experience in similar scope and title – required
- Experience within luxury brand/markets – preferred
- Food Safety Certification - preferred or attained within 30 days
- Tips Alcohol Safety Certification - preferred or attained within 7 days
Work Environment / Conditions
The work environment/conditions described herein are representative of those that an incumbent may experience.
- Must be comfortable working in a shared space, with constant noise, without the use of a private office.
- Must be able to cope with frequent changing priorities and deadlines with a high degree of optimism, professionalism & collaboration.
- Schedules may vary from week to week based on business demands in excess of 40 hours with or without notice.
- Must be able to work safely in a kitchen environment with high temperatures and humidity
The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an incumbent to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. *Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions & physical demands of this role .
- While performing the duties of this job, the incumbent is regularly required to move 10lbs on a daily basis.
- Push, pull, and lift up to 50lbs on a weekly basis.
- While performing the duties of this job, the incumbent is regularly required to travel by foot, car, bus, airplane or other means of transportation which require sitting, waiting and standing for long and short periods of time.