The primary responsibility of the In-Room Dining Server is to provide guests with courteous, friendly, sincere, efficient and graceful service in their guest rooms. This service must meet/exceed our AAA Four Diamond standards.
Essential Duties / Tasks / Responsibilities:
- Guest Service – 90%
- Ensure high levels of guest satisfaction utilizing the G.U.E.S.T. standards.
- Provide guests with courteous, friendly and efficient service.
- Answer phones using appropriate verbiage.
- Set up room service order in a thorough and swift manner.
- Promptly deliver food and beverage items to guest rooms and/or pool deck.
- Provide thorough and exceptional service to guests. No drop and fly service
- Set up and deliver all amenities in a timely manner.
- Assisting Restaurant Service staff as needed.
- Explain all menu items; upsell as warranted.
- Execute all financial transactions.
- Sidework – 10%
- Stocking and polishing items needed for service. Napkin folding.
- Collecting and clearing all trays from guest room floors and pool deck.
- Maintains service and sanitation standards according to health code regulations.
Knowledge / Skills / Abilities (KSA’s):
- Excellent guest service and interpersonal skills with the ability to relate to diverse guest types.
- Ability to remain calm and well organized under pressure while working quickly.
- Ability to prioritize and maintain multiple orders.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Ability to properly operate the telephone and all software used for the POS system.
- Basic math skills; ability to make change.
- Thorough knowledge of Food and Wine, as well as Beer, liquor and mixed drinks.
- Must demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness.
- Knowledge of elementary financial controls.
- Ability to respond promptly to customer needs.
- Ability to communicate effectively with guests and Grand Performers.
- Must speak clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations.
- Proficient in Micros POS system
- Proficient in Open Table reservation system.
- Computer savvy (MS Office suite).
- Adaptable to a changing work environment.
- Local knowledge of area (i.e., attractions, festivities, other restaurants etc.).
- English language and professional communications skills are required.
Experience / Education / Certifications:
- HS Diploma or GED - required
- Hospitality or customer service experience - required
- Minimum of 1 year experience in F&B operations- required
Work Environment / Physical Demands:
The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an incumbent to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Standing & walking the duration of the shift
- Able to lift heavy plates laden with food and room service trays containing multiple plates, glasses, silverware, etc. Lifting requirements of up to 20 pounds.
- Must be able to push a room service cart laden with several room service orders.
- Working in kitchen on tiled flooring; kitchen conditions may be hot; floor may be slippery (appropriate footwear required)
- Direct contact with guests, managers and employees.
- Occasional environmental exposures to cold, heat and water.