As a Grand Performer, you will have access to ELITE Benefits/Perks such as:
•Hotel Stay and Food/Beverage discounts at Marriott Hotels Worldwide for you and your family/friends
•Free Employee Meals
•We are all friends here! Refer your friends and get a Bonus!
•Largest Hospitality Employer in Savannah – growth opportunities are unlimited!
•20% Discount at all Kessler restaurants, Art Galleries, and Spas
•Start early with your Retirement Plan!
•Health Insurance Plans as low as $22/week!
•Stay Healthy! Kessler Wellness Challenge – promotes healthy lifestyle with discounts at gyms and giveaways
•We care about your Fur Babies too! We provide discounted Pet Insurance!
• 23 days of Paid Time Off (PTO)/year – start accruing right away!
•Enjoy the Holidays! We offer Seven (7) paid holidays throughout the year!
•”Tickets at Work” discounts, special access to theme parks and more!
•Recognition Program with amazing prizes!
•Tuition Reimbursement and Professional Certification Assistance
•Company paid Basic Life Insurance $10,000
Purpose / Objective
The overall objective and purpose of the Banquet Chef position is to oversee the daily operations of the banquet culinary department under the direction of the Executive Chef. This includes monitoring the banquet culinary operation while maintaining profitability and quality control. They are to provide inspiring and strategic leadership while directing the activities of the banquet department in support of the mission, core values, standards and goals established by the company.
Areas of Responsibility
Primary areas of responsibility include, but are not limited to the following:
- Maintains a file of recipes, including ingredients, portions, and directions for preparation and presentation of each dish.
- Assist the Executive Chef in developing banquet menus, recipes cards and specifications according to the Kessler SOPs.
- Set Standards and methods for portion control for each dish on the banquet menu, with the perceived value factor in mind.
- Ensures all banquet recipes are followed exactly and consistently.
- Assumes responsibility for banquet kitchen in absence of Executive Chef.
- Monitors inventory on a daily basis to ensure proper levels and quality
- Manage food and labor costs within budgeted guidelines.
- Arranges training of staff on the proper use and cleaning of equipment and cleaning supplies.
- Assist with organizing banquet kitchen meetings at least once a month.
- Participates in Grand Performer performance appraisals and progressive discipline as required.
- Assist Executive Chef with developing and coaching staff.
- Participates and attends manager meetings and all other mandatory meetings.
- Maintains the banquet kitchen cleanliness and organization standards.
- Completes daily walkthroughs of banquet kitchen area.
- Assist the Executive Chef in tracking food costs and completing monthly inventory.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSA’s)
To perform this role successfully, an individual must have experience achieving desired result(s) in their areas of responsibility. The requirements listed below are representative of observable behaviors and essential knowledge, skill, and abilities required of a successful incumbent.
- Strategic business leader - Works strategically to devise plans in alignment with organizational goals.
- Cultivates engagement - Builds loyalty to the company and not to themselves. Proven ability to host/facilitate effective meetings, motivate teams to produce results with tight timeframes while simultaneously managing several projects.
- Generates alignment - Ensures proper time and effort is spent to build high level performance and consistency throughout collection.
- Leads with courage - Provides a culture of accountability.
- Execution of plans - Utilizes our systems, tools and resources to accomplish results and achieve goals
- Advanced level of written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to implement and uphold service standards
- Effectively motivate associates and maintain a cohesive team
- Ability to prioritize and organize work assignments
- Ability to work well in stressful, high-pressure situations
- Ability to work with and understand financial information, data and basic arithmetic functions
- Ability to maintain and build relationships with existing and potential clients as well as industry contacts
- Ability to prepare wide range of culinary offerings
Supervisory and leadership responsibilities include achieving results through providing direction and accountability of the following Grand Performers within the culture and policies established by the Kessler Collection.
- Banquet Sous Chef
- Banquet Culinary Supervisor
- Banquet Cooks
- Key Partnerships
To perform this role successfully, an individual must cultivate successful relationships with the following individuals to achieve alignment and support.
- Executive Chef
- Executive Sous Chef
- Executive Steward
- F&B Director
- Banquet Manager
- Property Sales & Event Services Team
Education, Certifications, Work Experience:
- Culinary degree or related training equivalent in the Hospitality/Restaurant Industry - required
- 2+ years of relevant work experience in similar scope and title – required
- Experience within luxury brand/markets – preferred
- Food Safety Manager certification – required or attained within 30 days
Work Environment / Conditions
The work environment/conditions described herein are representative of those that an incumbent may experience.
- Must be comfortable working in a shared space, with constant noise, without the use of a private office.
- Must be able to cope with frequent changing priorities and deadlines with a high degree of optimism, professionalism & collaboration.
- Must be able to work safely in a kitchen environment with high temperatures and humidity
- Schedules may vary from week to week based on business demands in excess of 40 hours with or without notice.
The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an incumbent to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. *Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions & physical demands of this role .
- While performing the duties of this job, the incumbent is regularly required to move 10lbs on a daily basis.
- Push, pull, and lift up to 50lbs on a weekly basis.
- While performing the duties of this job, the incumbent is regularly required to travel by foot, car, bus, airplane or other means of transportation which require sitting, waiting and standing for long and short periods of time.