Purpose / Objective
The overall objective and purpose of the Assistant Food and Beverage Outlet manager is to support the Food and Beverage Outlet Manager in the management for the Food & Beverage Division, including the Restaurant & Bar, and integrate its functions to serve local and hotel guests. The incumbent is responsible for maintaining profitability and quality control as well as ensuring compliance with company policies and standard operating procedures. They are to provide inspiring and strategic leadership while directing the activities of the outlets in support of the mission, core values, standards and goals established by the company.
Areas of Responsibility
Primary areas of responsibility include, but are not limited to the following:
- Ensure that all preparation for functions and outlets are completed daily
- Follow labor guidelines and ensure that front of the house labor costs are within budgeted guidelines
- Ensures point of sale operations and cash handling practices are following according to standard operating procedures.
- Assists with corrective action to continuously improve service results.
- Assists with interviews, schedules, training, coaching and counseling, resolving problems, providing open communication, and recommending discipline when appropriate.
- Assists with work schedules and evaluating work performance of employees.
- Ensures staff adheres to local, state and Federal liquor laws.
- Ensures compliance with all food & beverage policies, standards and procedures by training, supervising, follow-up and hands on coaching.
- Assists in maintaining service and sanitation standards in restaurant, bar/lounge and room service areas.
- Monitors alcohol beverage service in compliance with local laws.
- Supervises daily shift operations
- Ensures associates are in compliance with appearance standards.
- Complete weekly schedules per Peak Performance and Paylocity standards
- Conduct or assist with pre – shift meetings
- Ensure compliance with Marriott BSA Standards
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSA’s)
To perform this role successfully, an individual must have experience achieving desired result(s) in their areas of responsibility. The requirements listed below are representative of observable behaviors and essential knowledge, skill, and abilities required of a successful incumbent.
- Strategic business leader - Works strategically to devise plans in alignment with organizational goals.
- Cultivates engagement - Builds loyalty to the company and not to themselves. Proven ability to host/facilitate effective meetings, motivate teams to produce results with tight timeframes while simultaneously managing several projects.
- Generates alignment - Ensures proper time and effort is spent to build high level performance and consistency throughout collection.
- Leads with courage - Provides a culture of accountability.
- Execution of plans - Utilizes our systems, tools and resources to accomplish results and achieve goals
- Advanced level of written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Knowledge of federal and state liquor laws and basic employment law
- Knowledge of finance, budgeting, and cost control principles
- Knowledge of inventory control reporting systems
- Ability to facilitate and lead effective, collaborative group meetings
- Thorough knowledge of Food and Wine, as well as Beer, liquor and mixed drinks.
- Ability to understand and utilize a POS system
Supervisory and leadership responsibilities include achieving results through providing direction and accountability of the following Grand Performers within the culture and policies established by the Kessler Collection.
Performance: Extraordinary. Our team rises to outperform and consistently beat our best for even better.
- Build loyalty to the company and not yourself
- Enhance property/company perception by both community and Grand Performers
- Align yourself with the company and lead others to do the same
- Collaborate effectively to accomplish goals and achieve results across departments and property locations
- Actively participate in meetings and shares ideas to determine the right course of action
- Foster a climate where individuals are committed to partnering and asking for help when needed
- Enthusiastically share knowledge, experience and talent with others
- Suggest methods for improving productivity and product quality
- Prepared and punctual for all meetings
- Conducts business and complete tasks according to Standard Operating Procedures
- Utilize required systems, equipment and resources
- Increase revenue/productivity while keeping costs within budget
- Prioritize urgent/vital tasks in order to meet set deadlines
- Improve professional competency and property/location performance
- Accept responsibility for actions and/or inactions
- Self-aware, solicit and embrace feedback
- Communicate feedback openly and respectfully
To perform this role successfully, an individual must cultivate successful relationships with the following individuals to achieve alignment and support.
- Food and Beverage Outlet Manager
- Culinary Leadership
- Property Ops team
Education, Certifications, Work Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or related training equivalent - required
- 2+ years of relevant work experience in similar scope and title – required
- Experience within luxury brand/markets – required
- Servsafe Food Certificate
- TIPS training certification - preferred or attained within 7 days
Work Environment / Conditions
The work environment/conditions described herein are representative of those that an incumbent may experience.
- Must be comfortable working in a shared space, with constant noise, without the use of a private office.
- Must be able to cope with frequent changing priorities and deadlines with a high degree of optimism, professionalism & collaboration.
- Schedules may vary from week to week based on business demands in excess of 40 hours with or without notice.
The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an incumbent to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. *Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions & physical demands of this role.
- While performing the duties of this job, the incumbent is regularly required to move 10lbs on a daily basis.
- Push, pull, and lift up to 50lbs on a weekly basis.
- While performing the duties of this job, the incumbent is regularly required to travel by foot, car, bus, airplane or other means of transportation which require sitting, waiting and standing for long and short periods of time.