Objective / Purpose
A Housekeeping Coordinator is responsible for providing dispatching services and office support to the Housekeeping department in the hotel's continuing effort to deliver outstanding guest service and financial profitability.
Areas of Responsibility/ Tasks
Primary areas of responsibility include, but are not limited to the following:
- Run sold room reports, verify room status, determine discrepant rooms, prioritize room cleaning, and update status of departing guest rooms.
- Assist Housekeeping management in managing daily activities.
- Act as a liaison to coordinate the efforts of Housekeeping, Engineering, Front Office, and Laundry.
- Document and resolve issues with discrepant rooms with the Front Desk.
- Prepare and distribute assignment sheets/work boards to Housekeeping staff.
- Record, monitor, and update list of ‘Do Not Disturb' rooms.
- Ensure that vacant dirty rooms are cleaned by the necessary time and assign rush rooms and rooms previously on the ‘Do Not Disturb' list, ensure all Guest Ware request are resolved in a timely manner.
- Complete required Housekeeping paperwork.
Knowledge / Skills / Abilities (KSA)
To perform this role successfully, an individual must have experience achieving desired result(s) in their areas of responsibility. The requirements listed below are representative of observable behaviors and essential knowledge, skill, and abilities required of a successful incumbent.
- Strategic business leader - Works strategically to devise plans in alignment with organizational goals.
- Cultivates engagement - Builds loyalty to the company and not to themselves. Proven ability to host/facilitate effective meetings, motivate teams to produce results with tight timeframes while simultaneously managing several projects.
- Generates alignment - Ensures proper time and effort is spent to build high level performance and consistency throughout collection.
- Leads with courage - Provides a culture of accountability.
- Execution of plans - Utilizes our systems, tools and resources to accomplish results and achieve goals
- Strong level of written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize and organize work assignments
- Ability to balance a variety of tasks while maintaining the highest of quality standards
- Ability to read and recognize various tools and chemicals used throughout the cleaning process
- Comprehensive knowledge of a safe work environment
Education, License, Certifications, Experience
- High school diploma or General Education Degree – required
- 1+ years of relevant work experience in similar scope and title – required
- Experience within luxury brand/markets – required
Work Environment / Conditions
The work environment/conditions described herein are representative of those that an incumbent may experience.
- Must be comfortable working in a shared space, with constant noise, distractions and or interruptions without the use of a private office.
- Schedules may vary from week to week based on business demands in excess of 40 hours with or without notice.
The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an incumbent to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Push, pull, and lift up to 50 lbs on a weekly basis.
- While performing the duties of this job, the incumbent is regularly required to travel by foot, car, bus, airplane or other means of transportation which require sitting, waiting and standing for long and short periods of time.