Objective / Purpose
The overall objective and purpose of the Public Area Supervisor position is to maintain the cleanliness of public areas. The incumbent is responsible for supervising the cleaning of public restrooms, dusting, vacuuming emptying trash and keeping the public areas neat and tidy. They are to provide the highest level of service in support of the mission, core values, standards and goals established by the company.
Essential Functions / Tasks
Primary responsibilities and tasks include, but are not limited to the following:
- Oversees and manages performance of public area attendants to ensure efficient and profitable operation.
- Coach and train all public area attendants to ensure superior product for guest satisfaction
- Respond promptly to questions, concerns and special requests. Follow-up to ensure the guest is satisfied
- Solve problems proficiently
- Secure lost items according to the specifications outlined in the standard operating procedure
- Periodically inventories supply and equipment
- Effectively execute the flow of work through assigning tasks of sorting, washing, folding, and ironing according to company guidelines.
- Inspects and evaluates physical condition of establishment
- Prepare and analyze reports on labor cost and production of operation
- Participate in daily line-up and regular training/departmental meetings
- Maintain Supplies and report to Executive Housekeeping Manager items to be ordered for efficient operations on a daily basis
- Adhere to safety guidelines
- Assists with corrective action to continuously improve service results
- Assists with interviews, schedules, training, coaching and counseling, resolving problems, providing open communication, and recommending discipline when appropriate
- All other duties as assigned, planned or un-planned
Knowledge / Skills / Abilities (KSA)
To perform this role successfully, an individual must have experience achieving desired result(s) in their areas of responsibility. The requirements listed below are representative of observable behaviors and essential knowledge, skill, and abilities required of a successful incumbent.
- Ability to perform all Public Area Attendant-related tasks and proficiently use job-related tools and equipment
- Strategic business leader - Works strategically to devise plans in alignment with organizational goals.
- Cultivates engagement - Builds loyalty to the company and not to themselves. Proven ability to host/facilitate effective meetings, motivate teams to produce results with tight timeframes while simultaneously managing several projects.
- Generates alignment - Ensures proper time and effort is spent to build high level performance and consistency throughout collection.
- Leads with courage - Provides a culture of accountability.
- Execution of plans - Utilizes our systems, tools and resources to accomplish results and achieve goals
- Strong level of written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize and organize work assignments
- Ability to balance a variety of tasks while maintaining the highest of quality standards
- Ability to read and recognize various tools and chemicals used throughout the cleaning process
- Comprehensive knowledge of a safe work environment
Supervisory and leadership responsibilities include achieving results through providing direction and accountability of the following Grand Performers within the culture and policies established by the Kessler Collection.
- Public Area Attendant
- Night Utility
To perform this role successfully, an individual must cultivate successful relationships with the following individuals to achieve alignment and support.
- Property Housekeeping Leadership team
- Property Front Office Leadership team
Education, License, Certifications, Experience
- High school diploma or General Education Degree – required
- 1+ years of relevant work experience in similar scope and title – required
- Experience within luxury brand/markets – required
Work Environment / Conditions
The work environment/conditions described herein are representative of those that an incumbent may experience.
- Must be comfortable working in a shared space, with constant noise, without the use of a private office.
- Must be able to cope with frequent changing priorities and deadlines with a high degree of optimism, professionalism & collaboration.
- Schedules may vary from week to week based on business demands in excess of or less than 40 hours with or without notice.
The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an incumbent to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the incumbent is regularly required to see, hear, reach, use fingers to handle and feel, stand, stoop, bend and crouch up to 8 hours on a daily basis.
- Push, pull, and lift up to 50 lbs.
- While performing the duties of this job, the incumbent is regularly required to travel by foot, car, bus, airplane or other means of transportation which require sitting, waiting and standing for long and short periods of time.